Friday, December 26, 2008

OUR SWEET FAMILY CHRISTMAS

Here's what some Christmas fun at my house this year looked like.
Two 1-year-olds (Evelyn, nephew-Foster) and a 2-year-old (Carlisle).
With Carlisle being 2, but almost 3, the way I see it, EVERYTHING is just more fun. Can't believe next Christmas Evelyn will be TWO!
Of course, Carlisle is aware of all of the holiday excitement. While we don't make a huge deal about Santa, we do make a big deal out of it being Jesus' birthday.
And Brian and I also have some super cute family traditions.
Like certain parties we attend, and certain parties we throw.
Sponsoring DSS families.
Putting the tree up early, at Thanksgiving, and enjoying it all month long.
And, Christmas Eve there are brand new jammies for all the children to wear.
I adore receiving all the gobs of Christmas Cards!
Christmas morning all of my life we have eaten country ham bisquits. My grandmother made them, this year, my Mom. I love that.
And of course, there are the cookies for Santa.
~
A Carlisle Special.

A close look.
A closer look.
Just a little closer.
Ah, the cookies are ready.
Santa will love them.

We really hadn't talked to Carlisle much about Santa, period.
I figure she's got all her childhood to be innundated with Santa junk. Not being a scrooge, just keeping the focus on Jesus.
~
Last week she was asked what she wanted for Christmas.
Her answer, a Christmas Tree. Huh? I really liked her confused answer.
Then the questions. . .

"And how does he get down the chimney?"

"What about the fire?" (pilot light)

Brian's answer. (he's brilliant in these situations)
"Don't worry Carlisle, Santa is good at this."
"He's delivered lots of gifts to girls and boys for a long time."
That satisfied her and she went to bed.
Next morning the caramel filled chocolate chip cookies were gone.
Brian, Dad, Julie, Luke and I had no problem taking care of that.

Once you have been married a while, you just assume that you have heard all the fun family stories. I so love being wrong on that. New stories about when Brian was a boy make me so happy! Here's one.
Brian tells me when he was a little boy that his parents would
occasionally FORGET to eat the cookies and drink the milk.
So Brian and Stephanie would rush down on Christmas morning
and find the milk hot and the cookies still there.
THAT IS SO FUNNY TO ME!
(more fun pics tomorrow!)

5 comments:

Stephanie and Eric Horecky said...

I think that story is right up there with the hand with the big black glove!!!

Anonymous said...

i think they are so cute;dont you think to i do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YA

Team Zybko said...

I love your kids.

Team Zybko said...

I love your kids.

Team Zybko said...

I love your kids.