Monday, May 11, 2009

My other half

It is impossible for me to explain Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

That Brian is loving it, is an understatement.

Maybe I unknowingly forced him into this with all of my years of aerobics. But here he is. A Jiu Jitsu prodigy at 30-something. And after doing it for 5 months.

I love that he is biting the medal.
He says they pose biting the medals, in the olympics. Which I think is funny, because I am SO not into sports.

But you would have thought that somewhere along the way I would have noticed that the olympians do this. I haven't. Not sure why they do. He said something about making sure it's real.

Anyway, so Brian is biting the fake gold medal, about to seriously JUMP out of his SKIN with excitement of all of his first place wins.

I told him I was going to do a post on all of his Jiu Jitsu because I think other husbands would love Jiu Jitsu. It is SUCH amazing exercise. Great stress reliever.

And also cause I am so proud of my tuffe, cutie.

I said, "Is there anything you want me to include?"

He said, "No Sugar, thanks. I can't wait to read it."

Ok.

Then. "Oh, there is something. Be sure to put my record. 11-2." Then he chuckled, knowing I wouldn't put it in here. sorry. wink wink!

He's a true competitor! Happy to win, or lose, as long as it's fun and fair. I love him.

It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause. Who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
video



video

4 comments:

gillian said...

He's a lean mean Jiu Jitsu machine! Look at all those medals, way to go Brian!
Hope you're feeling better!? Have you started your bible study yet?

Justin and Marketa said...

Oh my goodness, Justin and I were watching in amazement at those videos. I told Justin he needed to do it and he said he is too small. Yea, I should say so looking at Brian's long legs wrapped around that dude. Way to go Brian!!!!

Stephanie said...

Reece watched this with me, confused, and said "who is winning?". I think I just heard Lake say, "Hulk." and I want to know if Brian will be my body guard!

Stephanie said...

awesome! Brian you're a stud. you've inspired me to get in shape, too. kudos! Tim