Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2nd Annual McLeod Health and Fitness Half Marathon

So, either I'm crazy for seeming like the type of person that would do it, or Mom is crazy for thinking that I would....
.
I told her McLeod's Half-Marathon was this weekend.
And, serious as a heart attack, she asked me if I was running it again this year.....

Here's what I thought...
Um. 13.1 miles.
Um. I'm pregnant.
Um. I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant.
Um. I would have to stop 13.1 times to T-T.
So instead of saying that...I said.
'Um. No.'
.
But they do have the Tot Trot. It's a race for the kids!
THIS Saturday, January 9th starts at 10:30am
~
This is something Carlisle did last year and LOVE LOVE LOVED.
She was not quite 3 and yet she still remembers it, and talks about it a year later.
So my sister's little one and my two are going to race in it.
.
Here's the information below.
It's 50 yards. Basically, the length of a pool. They start and are done before you know it, and each child gets a medal. I can't help but giggle at how cute Carlisle was last year.
.
And to ask her about it...Here's what she remembers from last year.
'I WON the RACE!!'
.
Um. She was dead last. And of course, I don't have the heart...or desire, to clear up her foggy memory. She thought it was wonderful. So, I did too.
~
http://atlanticsportsmarketing.com/Docs/2010Florence%20Flyer%20WEB.pdf
http://www.mcleodhealth.org/Wellness/fitness_programs.cfm

3 comments:

The Severances said...

"I Won!!" --That is so cute! We will try to make it. Thanks for letting us know.

Julie and Luke said...

13.1 times to T T. That is funny.

proudpatriot07 said...

Awww, I bet that was so cute for her to run the race and get a medal- definitely awesome for the kids because they always remember that and get into a healthy habit early :).

Oh, and I'm not pregnant, never have been... but I don't think I could run that long without having to T-T a few times, so don't feel bad :).