Thursday, April 08, 2010

Vivian's Fan Club

I don't have a lot of time to post tonight. I need to be unpacking/repacking. But these pictures beckoned me...
~
We are just in today, from a Spring family trip to the beach.
It was the first time that our family has traveled as a family of five. Vivian spent her 6th week of life laying on the beach under a huge umbrella while her sisters ran in the surf. She's so easy going. So of course, she loved it.
~
With the weather in the 80's the whole week, I had to find the girls shorts, bathing suits, flip flops, sun hats... and then I had to look at every tag. Evelyn had sized up, Carlisle had sized out of her last years clothes, I had to find Vivian's 0-3 month warm weather stuff, never did find the beach toys, found the 'good' sunscreen, and the big big beach bag ....bottom line.... It took 3 1/2 hours to pack. That was Brian and me working together like whirling tasmanian tornadoes. 3 1/2 hours. New record. But we are shaving time off next time. Promise. Hurts my Type-A feelings to spend that much time...packing.
~
I am headed to Michigan tomorrow to celebrate the life of my Grandmother who was born in 1919. She lived 90 years. And died Wednesday.
She was actually where I got my type A personality from. She was loving, considerate, thoughtful, emotional, precious, tender, and organized! AND, she knew Jesus. She used to tell us about the Lord when we were little. It was an all out love for Jesus.
The bible says that because of that love for Jesus, she will be with Him in heaven.
~
'And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'
Acts 2:21
~
Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through ME.'
John 14:6
~
'If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.'
Romans 10:9-11
~
Jesus was having a conversation with the criminal hanging on the next cross beside Him, when He was crucified. Jesus is saying it to believers...to me... to my Grandmother...that when you die, immediately you go to heaven...
.
The criminal says: "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
Luke 23:42-43
You never actually know how the addition of a whole NEW person is going to go. With already having a 2 and 3 year old during my entire pregnancy, I didn't spend a lot of time thinking it through. It was a busy season and time really flew. (Now I say that...maybe I wouldn't have said it then) :) Brian and I were talking tonight about how thrilled we are with how the older two are handling the addition. Vivian is 7 weeks tomorrow. They adore her. Their demeanor changes when they talk about her, hold her, look at her. They are so sweet about her. They want to be big sisters. They are proud of her. They are EXCELLENT sisters to her.

In Vivian's fan club are many members...
But it's the President that does all the hands-on loving.
President Evelyn is dependably happy. She's extremely affectionate. She's very loud...in a wonderfully sweet, excited, exhuberent way. President Evelyn demonstrates in the following pictures, her presidental duties....
Baby Holder.
Baby Hugger.
She desires to be gentle with her love, but sometimes gets a little carried away.
Most Importantly.
Baby kisser.
Spring is here here HERE at our house too. With the weather warming up, the fruit is getting yummier. We eat gobs and gobs of melons, bananas, apples, grapes. So yes, lemons make the cut too.

The girls wanted to do homemade lemonade.
I love lemons...and from the looks of things, so do they.
I really like this one.
Carlisle wanted to pose with her lemon. (Not kidding)
And this was the position she chose.


It was good. SOOO good.
Meanwhile, Vivian.... Other Fan Club Presidental duties include...
Overseeing changing table activities.Kissing on the changing table. And finally, laughing at how fun life is....
while precariously balancing on the ledge of the changing table.
Other official fan club members:
CEO and Chief Financial Officer


VP of Silly Fashion Statements
And me.
The coveted title of Operations Manager of Milk Processing.
I also did my first beach photo shoot.
And I prayed the engagement pics would turn out ok. That the bride-to-be would like them.
Here's your sneak peak...
More to come. And beach pictures of my family.
I got overwhelmed with the hundreds of beautiful shots.
The easter egg hunt, running on the beach, easter bunny, fun at the pool, etc.

2 comments:

Belinda Moser said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the "fan club". I have to be somewhere on that list.... probably way on the bottom. Evie is quite the big (middle) sister... uh oh, you know what they say about the middle child and wanting attention. Cute pics. Love ya'll!

Belinda

gillian said...

such a beautiful post, gave me goose bumps! and I just LOVE your new header picture!