Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Giving THANKS in all circumstances


Angel Baby's new trick. Of course. Add to that, waving. Saying 'Car Car' for Carlisle. And clapping. She's still what she has been for the last 11 1/2 months. An Angel Baby. Brian and I marvel. Because the two of us...and our other two, are ANYTHING but Angels.
Maybe just maybe, cooking entire food items alone, is absolutely an age-appropriate skill for a JUST-TURNED-FIVE-YEAR-OLD. But for some reason, she still seems a little young to me. Maybe it's that she was 4....oh, like just a week ago. Or maybe because she still asks really cute, little girl questions. Or that she was grabbing her buddy, a boy, today and kissing him on the cheek over and over...giggling. Because, in her words, 'I just want to eat him up!'

Well, for her small 4K classroom party. SHE made rice krispy treats. Light pink. In the shape of a flower. With sprinkles on top. SHE made them. And they turned out great.

I haven't even finished my first cup of java this morning (or really any morning) and the girls already deep in the throws of making a 'home' for their 'animals'. It's creative projects everyday...all day. At five, Carlisle, rarely plays with toys anymore. It really amazes me. She would rather create a new masterpiece anyday, than play with any playroom toy. Make a home for a small lamb that she made. Done. But first she made the small lamb out of cotton balls. The sheep makes his home in a casserole dish with a smooth rock, paper, 'food'. It reminds me a little of having a 1 1/2 year old again. I am trying to keep one of my eyes on her... just a weee little bit. Only because she likes my things better than anything else. So off goes my casserole dish or a cute basket gets dumped out, then it's painted and glued and sparkle-ified before I flip my turkey bacon over. She's not being yucky. Just creative. But, I suppose it's like little boys throwing balls? And crashing the balls into something. But what do I know about boys?
~
Carlisle and her homemade pizza.
I'd rather be wiser than richer.
I'd rather be humbled than proud.
I'd rather watch them play with the casserole dish than it sit in the cabinet.
~
"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12
~
Last night.
Evelyn is restless. Flipping. Whining. Not crying. Whining.
I go in. 'Honey, what's wrong?...Is something hurting?'
'I want some water.'
Whining...not crying. She drinks the water.
'Sugar, does something hurt?'
'Mommy, My head hurts.'
'Ok, I'll get you some medicine.'
'No I don't need any.'
'What do you need?'
'Water.'
Ok.
Drinks water.
This quiet whining goes on for minutes on end.
'Evelyn, can I pray for you?'
'Yes.'
'Precious Father. Please give this precious girl rest. Bless her with peaceful sleep and ease any pain she may have so that she will have a good night of sleep.'

Before I could finish the prayer, I literally had not said 'Amen'. I could hear her breath. She was fast asleep. KNOCKED OUT.
I was dumbfounded.
Really? Am I dumbfounded over a simple answered prayer?
But I WAS. That's the truth.
How we do not ask.
Matthew 7:7-8 says:
'Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.'

~
'When we know our gifting, our calling, that thing we were made for, we can serve God more effectively because there is less wasted motion to our activity. Love, joy, and peace are just some of the fruit. Love comes while we rest against our Father's chest.
Joy comes when we catch the rhythms of His heart.
Peace comes when we live in harmony with those rhythms. It is within the closeness and warmth of that relationship where we gain the certainty that we are doing the very thing He would have us do with our lives. Whether that thing is motherhood or sainthood, God only knows. But if we crawl onto His lap, lay our head against His chest, and listen...He will tell us.'
From the book: The Reflective Life
~
I taught an aerobics class Tuesday night. It was not great. Just something wrong. I feel sure, it was me. A friend was so sweet and blamed it on the weather. It's been cloudy, rainy, cold... But honestly, it was just an off night. I knew it then. But life is like that. Full of hard days, hard weeks, sickness, trials, death. AND rays of hope, lights in the darkness, and wonders of FAITH. None of it is wasted. Or purposeless. It's ALL meant to draw me near, nearer, nearer... still nearer to Him.


So excited about the Brian-Valentines-Gift...I could BUST. If you want ideas or need to know the deal, email me. I'll also put it on Facebook. Monday. If. I. Can. Wait. That. LONG! :)

Jennie

I'm gonna be so bummed if this video doesn't load.
It's SO my life with these youngest two.
Evelyn having a smooch fest with baby sis.
video

No comments: