Saturday, October 26, 2013

He




God's Word says: 
"I want you to show love, *not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me* more than I want burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

God himself says that knowing Him is what is most important. 

I taught at Family Biblestudy last week on John the Baptist. It's parents and kids. And they ask good questions. So you always have to be READY. So I was studied up. 

(From Luke Chapter 1)


John the Baptist was the son of a really old couple who had waited a very long time to have kids. The angel came and told the father, Zechariah the priest, that they would have a baby. Zechariah is busy. Busy doing his tasks. Listen to what Zechariah did... he basically laughed at the angel! He questioned him. 'Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.” He had sooo little faith. If an angel came to me while I was changing my baby's diaper, I feel pretty sure I would listen! Zechariah! Have faith! But he did NOT.

And for that, he was punished. 

Faith is blessed, but unbelief is judged. Unbelief is something God will not accept. 

The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.”

Punishment. For lack of faith. For lack of belief. 

John the Baptist was THE guy. The guy who had the privilege to declare the coming of the most important person in all of history. JESUS CHRIST. The Son of God. 

But his Dad? Whoopsie. He was not so obedient. Zechariah was made completely silent for the entire pregnancy because he didn't believe the angel. He lacked faith.

But Elizabeth was awesome. If you are in a marriage where your husband lacks faith, persist sister. God's blessing rested on Elizabeth. And at a super old age, she gave birth to a son just as God promised. 

Seek a personal relationship with Jesus.  Depend on God's Word. His very Words will guide you sister. 


'When you walk, their counsel will lead you.
When you sleep, they will protect you.
When you wake up, they will advise you.
For their command is a lamp
and their instruction a light;
their corrective discipline
is the way to LIFE.'
Proverbs 6:22-23




And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God MY Savior, Luke 1:46-47

'Therefore let all the faithful PRAY to you.' Psalm 32:6

Pray and rejoice!

YOUR FAITH WILL BE BLESSED!!! 



I am here at the computer. Foot propped up on a pillow. And all I have seems to be a big jumble of words. But one word in particular.    .... love.....


'What great love the Father has LAVISHED on us. 1 John 3:1


Any love that we have, or experience, first came from God. 


I just had a bone spur removed from my big toe. It hurts to have a bone spur. And so far, it hurts to not have the bone spur. :)


I guess it came from 10 years of aerobics classes...I think I've taught like 320000000000 classes, or something like that. So extra bone built up on my toe from 1 trillion jumping jacks and pushups. yoweee....


The doctor has promised that once my foot heals, I will have no pain at all in my toe. Doing aerobics with a bone spur has been so hard. For a year I put up with it, just knowing that it would eventually go away because I am young and things just eventually heal. I was wrong. 


It is painful to have bone cut out of your foot, incase you wondered. :) 


It's my first surgery. Ever. So I take the pain medicine the doctor prescribed. Because if I don't, just putting my leg over the side of the bed in the morning is tough. And I am ok with pain. See my posts on delivering babies naturally. :) 


But the pain meds knock me out. I am useless with them. Think of me in a super sleepy stupor. But I am useless without them. So Brian has taken over. I seriously don't know how to do this life without him. He is doing EVERYTHING. 


So tonight, I am using the 3 functioning brain cells not in the medical fog to blog for my sweethearts BIRTHDAY.


Full in my head and heart are words. love. tenderness. compassion. thankfulness. truth. about Brian. 



Oh....I love love love him...

The annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch was just a day or two before I went in for the surgery. 








































(Whoops. A poopie.) 


BRIAN. 

He is in love. With Jesus. 


He encourages me in my job. He encourages me as a Child of God, a mother, a sister, a wife and a friend. 


He is strong.


He is NOT complicated. 


He wakes early to get to the gym before anyone else is awake, so that he doesn't miss sleepy girl morning snuggles. He bends his huge body to gently hug tiny little frames. He treats each of them as if they are the center of his attention. He kisses, holds and hugs them often.


He has endured watching as baby after baby, after baby, painfully get pushed from the inside of my body to the outside. And quietly encouraged without ever really saying a word. 


He provides for us, so well.


He works hard. 


He soldiers on.  


He makes me want to do my best. 


He has never complained about being so outnumbered by girls. 


In fact. He rarely complains about anything. 


He buys pink princess pull ups.


He DELIGHTS in his girls. 


He laughs at their silly knock-knock jokes. 


He endures nauseatingly girly movies that are even too much for me, with a big shouldered shrug and an incredibly non-judgmental smile.


He's funny.


He IS SO PATIENT.


He sits hip to hip with his girls and listens to their hearts.


He, without being prompted, complements cute little girl hair do's.


He teaches his girls to fish. And catch frogs. And throw a cast net. 


He tells his girls 'you are gorgeous'. And they believe him.  


He encourages femininity. 


He plays with dolls the size of his pinky.


He carefully wrestles on and off impossibly sticky Polly Pocket clothes.


He fixes dinner.


He forgives me when I'm a jerk. 


He grits his teeth through crazy photography shenanigans, for 'just one more shot'. 


He forgets my wrongs, and remembers my rights. 


He holds hands. 


He changes diapers.


He likes my cooking when its good and never tells me when it's bad. 


He encourages me.


He prays for us. 


He is generous. 


He is terribly outnumbered and NEVER seems to mind. 


He wipes off the table after the meal for the 1 trillionth time.


He doesn't fuss when I plow into the 'tiny' tree and poke a hole in the tail light of the new car.


He goes out for frosties on late night pregnancy runs.


He always tells me I'm beautiful, but mostly when I have no makeup on.


He desires me.


He makes me laugh.


He's given more shoulder rides/piggy back rides than are countable.


He puts me in the center of his attention, even when the countless little blond girls vying for his affection are circling.


He carries sleeping babies to bed.


He smiles genuinely and enjoys pretend 'pedicures' and hair salon afternoons.


He makes a big deal over little kid notes scratched on napkins or papertowels and displays their art at his office.


He steals my framed family pictures off of dressers or counters at home to add to his collection on his desk.


He laughs uproariously when they run to greet him at the end of the day.


He looks an unusual amount like Clark Kent. Ok. So not really. But he makes me think of Superman.


He sees the good in everything and takes hold of it.


He dismisses the bad.


He is so humble.


He is true.


He wants to be with me.


He wants to be with us. 


He likes me. He supports me. He encourages me.


He baptized his daughter.


He will drop, cancel, ignore or reschedule anything and everything to be on a date with me. 


He takes them on a special date on their birthday, just he and them. He makes them KNOW they are loved.


He's simple. 


He is a gentle giant. He pummels his humungous Jiu Jitsu opponents into the ground at the gym, and then drives home. He comes in to a house full of little girly girls and immediately is available to them. Ready to swing them around to their favorite song, tickle wiggling bodies or snuggle and hug.


I've asked him what he likes best about each of his girls and he is quick to go on and on about each one. 


All the answers are unique and sweet. 


Here's one in particular...


He loves when he comes in from work and she devours him with her little body. She's runs to him and he sweeps her up in his big arms. They melt into a puddle, then they are rolling around on the floor gleefully spilling laughter out everywhere.


I tell him he's the best husband in the world. The best Daddy in the world. 


He tells me that he's just doing what God created him to do. 


My love, I AGREE.





Brian, 

My sweetheart. My hunk of burning love! Happy Birthday! You are light and laughter and everything lovely. I can't help but want our girls to turn out like you. To love God unabashedly. To seek Him with their whole hearts. I am so thankful that you are way more than a provider and protector. You give everything you have day after day, without ceasing. You make me want to be a better wife and mother. You encourage me with the way you live a life of LOVE. You are the PERFECT husband for ME. God had me in mind as He was making YOU. You are knit just right for ME. I pray our girls will find someone to live, love and grow old with like I have found in YOU. We are all watching and following your awesome lead. 
I love you, love you, love you.
Jen



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look at your blog occasionally when time allows and you never disappoint! Thank you so much for sharing your testimony and offering the encouragement that so many need!