Tuesday, November 26, 2013

PRE-JESUS Jennie. My Testimony. Why I love Jesus so much.


Us. 
On our way out of town. 
Just a bit excited to be on vacation. :) 
(Thanks to my cousin for doctoring up our pic a little.) 

It's cold. Cold for SC. Cold for me. I can put up with the hottest weather. Even super hot. But cold? I'm a bit of a baby.


We are at the beach this week. Renting a incredibly humungous house that would normally be a zillion dollars and WAY out of our price range. But the price is right when it's off season. And we are splitting it 5 ways. Aunts and uncles, cousins are all coming in. And the house is so big there's room for everyone to have lots of space. I think there are 8 or 9....maybe 10 bedrooms. My girls are in the big bunk room snuggled in. I love that they chose to be together, despite having the pick of any room in the house. 

With the weather so cold this week, they are being creative. Playing 'jungle girl' and making a huge art mess in the dining room. I've run away to the office to sit and blog....


And share something I've never blogged about before. 


Me. The OLD me. 


The PRE-Jesus Jennie. 


Ever wondered WHY I love Jesus so much? ...

I recently spoke at a Holiday Women's event at a church in town. There were several hundred ladies there. What an awesome opportunity to share the love of Christ. 


(On the chalkboard in my bedroom.)


I wrote for weeks reliving those days before I knew Jesus. I have shared my testimony, the story of how God pursued me, so many times over the years, on stages and one on one. But for this, I went back and wrote it again. There were things I shared that I have never shared publicly and things that I typically share, that I left out. 


I curled my hair, walked on the stage and spilled my heart and life out to them. And they listened intently. With open hearts. 



I am putting my talk here for the world to see. Not because it's comfortable to share who I really was and expose my sin. But because many of the ladies have contacted me wanting a copy. It blows me away what God has used for good. 

Gen 50:20 'You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.'

If you have a critical spirit. Stop now. Let me just tell you, I was a MESS. If you think that who I WAS is WHO I AM. Read on. I have been REDEEMED. I have been set free. By the King of kings. Friends have come to me and said, 'Jennie I was blown away. I never knew. I had no idea you were such a mess.'



I've never put my testimony on my blog. 

NEVER. 


I was too ashamed. Too ashamed for my parents to know who I really was. Know the REAL me. The sinful me before I met and fell in love with Jesus. 



My Story. 

Before you believe that I have tons of time on my hands, I am just sitting around with my cherub children memorizing bible verses, let me pop that balloon for you right away. I am always four loads, or more, behind on laundry. I could feed a small Haitian village from the floorboard of my car. Most days I am treading water, not getting ahead, just keeping my head above water. 

I am desperate for God. I HAVE to memorize scripture.

I need the Lord because I have four daughters ages 1, 3, 6 and 7. My life is FULL. Super full. I am full time emersed in raising these girls and discipling them. I homeschool the older two girls and love my husband desperately and WORK to put him before all those cute blonds. Some days I could simply unravel. There is not enough time to do it all. But my life is HELD together, stitched together by the Word of GOD! When I start to come apart, I go to the Word and he sews me back together again. 

I cannot, I repeat, I cannot do this life without the Word of God dwelling richly within me. 

So typically, I read my bible in the morning. In the bible, when Jesus went off to pray to his Father, often he went to a garden he called the Mount of Olives. SO I sit in my chair that I got 8 years ago when I was pregnant with Carlisle. It's one of those glider chairs. And above me, Brian hung a chandelier that I found at Hobby Lobby (you know how they have that 50% sale on different items) so it was a whopping $9. And it makes me so happy. And I go to my Mount of Olives to pray and read my bible. It's like having a favorite restaurant with your friend or husband or mom. Its familiar. 

So I was at my Mount of Olives last week with my coffee and I am reading straight through the bible. Some from the Old and New testament every day. Well I am in Isaiah. Listen to THIS. 

Isa 41:14 'For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. I WILL HELP YOU.'

I don't know about you. But EVERYDAY I need help. I have no family here. The closest family is 100 miles away. It is me and my little love bubble. I need help. And I've got it. I've got the best helper in the world. The Lord God.

Theres another verse, if there are Moms here that have small children like I do. Here's my other go to verse that is the lifter of my chin. I have it on a notecard in my laundry room.

Also in Isaiah 40:11, 'He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.'


Ladies. I am here tonight to love on you by telling you about a Lord who is good and holy. Who delights in redeeming a sinner like me and pulls her out of the darkest places into his great light. He is my Wonderful Counselor, my Mighty God, my everlasting Father and my Prince of PEACE.

I want to tell you how I came to fall deeply in love with him and entered into the greatest love story ever told.

I call this part of my story Pre-Jesus Jennie. 

I've been called cheerful and happy all my life. My Dad pounded 'have a positive attitude' into my head from the time I was little. But I can tell you it is NOT because my life has not been easy. 

Although I was raised in the church, one of the things that I didn't ever tune into was God's great mercy and the offering of his son Jesus Christ. I don't know if they talked about Jesus at my church. Or if for 17 years I just missed the boat.  

The bible says we were dead in our sins. That was me. Dead girl. A church going dead girl. I never once remember opening the bible that sat on my bookshelf. 

So my parents, were both lost as gooses, neither knew the Lord Jesus as their savior, but they were in church. They had religion, but not a relationship. 

With their little family. Me, my brother and my identical twin sister in tow. 

They always encouraged me to be a good girl, a sweet girl. I was not allowed to go to certain things, movies, concerts, parties. My Mother especially wanted to keep my mind unpolluted from the world. And so my growing up years were spent doing the 'church thing.'  Christian summer camps, Wed night church, Sun night church.  

And my Mother taught me. Good girls don't do bad things. Good girls don't drink, go off in the dark with boys. Good girls do good things. Money was always tight. Super tight. 

My parents didn't get along at all. My sister and I would beg my father to be kind to my mother. I wanted a marriage SO different than my parents. I remember only 2 times in my growing up years watching my mother and father kiss. 

I wanted a husband who would love me. 

I'll never forget one particular event in my childhood. It is seared in my brain. My Mom in the driver's seat, driving, silently. My sister and I begging her to tell us whats wrong. She pulls into the church parking lot. The sun is going down behind the trees and she puts the car in park. She finally collects her thoughts and out come the words. 'Your Dad has been unfaithful to me.' My world spun. She continued to tell us more details than a 17 year-old would ever want to know. I was simply devastated. How could God let this happen? I was so upset. With my father. So hurt. I thought, he wouldn't have done this if he loved me. 

My foundation got a huge crack in it that night. Houses with cracks in the foundation will fall. 

A few weeks later, I started my freshman year at one of the biggest party schools in the state of SC, the College of Charleston, and joined the best sorority they had to offer. 

I left home and shook my fist at God and said..I'll find someone to love me my way. 

During my first week at the College of Charleston, back home in Columbia, my Dad moved out. My foundation was crumbling. 

I fell full-on into sin. I'll never forget the first time I let my standard slip. I was at a party with my new college friends and some of their friends. I made many bad choices that night. The bible says, 'But if you don't do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you.' Gen 4:7

What we don't realize at the time is that sin will cost you more than you intended to pay, it will take you further than you ever expected to stray, and cost you far more than you ever expected to pay. 

Being a social girl and super extraverted, I was always invited to the best parties. And I always made myself available. Study or go to the next party? You know my choice. 

The bible says 'Be alert and sober minded. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.'

Those were two things I was not. Alert. And sober minded.

I had cute boyfriends. And when I tired of one, there was always another. I wanted to fill the cracks in my foundation, the cracks in my heart with love. I found myself doing things that were WRONG. 

The bible says 1 Cor 6:18 that 'those who commit sexual immorality sin against their own body.

If I had known the WORD of God. If I had KNOWN Jesus. I NEVER would have done these things. Without Christ, when left to our own decisions, we are a sin birthing machine. 

SIN IS ADDICTIVE. 

Everytime I was with those boyfriends, sin became easier. I was a harlot. 

The bible says we have sunk down in a pit that we have dug with our own hands. 

Sin is never isolated. 'Oh this is just between me and the boy'. NO it affected others. 

I would talk to my twin sister at Clemson and share with her the stories from my life. It was as if I was giving her a green light, a thumbs up, to do the same thing. And so she did. 

At the time, I felt like nothing was better than having someone love me. All the while, as the bible says, God will never leave me nor forsake me. 

I had no money. When I say no money, I mean, my parents dropped me off at the dorm with my little suitcases full of clothes and left. I was paying for my own way through school. I didn't have a car. I didn't have an account that they deposited money into. I didn't have their credit card. But I was very resourceful. I had 3 jobs my the end of my sophomore year. 

When a boy asked me to dinner, it meant less groceries to buy. I mean that. There were times when I would have two dates in one day. Lunch and dinner. 

The bible says, 'For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, I cannot see. they are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.'

SIN WAS DESTROYING ME. My life. My reputation. 

Prov 22:1 'A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.'

I became involved with one boy in particular in my junior year. A good old irish boy from right outside Boston. I think back a lot on him. Because at the time I thought, this is a boy I could marry. He was super fun, funny. He was an alcoholic, so he was my type of guy. 

But here's the thing ladies. God is a passionate God, who wants ALL to come to know him. 

I began to think, maybe God loves me. Because I could feel him pursuing me quietly in those dark bars, bedrooms and fraternity houses. His still quiet voice was always there calling me out of the darkness saying 'You are not like them. You are different. You are mine.'

I began to realize that God had a calling on my life. 

Isa 43:1-3
1 But now, this is what the LORD says-- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. 3 For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.'

I made a decision that surprised both me and everyone who knew me. I broke up with Dave. I remember saying 'Dave, I love you, but I can't do this. I don't think God wants me with you.' I didn't even know God, but I knew I wasn't supposed to be with this boy. And I walked away. Usually when I did this, it because there was another one waiting in the wings. Not this time. God, in his great love, was pulling me, dragging me to himself. The bible says that we can take refuge under his great wings. And so I began to. 

Disquised within this mess of a life, I was living is a love story between a dirty wretched sinner and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. 

In the book of Hosea and in Romans The bible says, 'and he called her beloved. When there was nothing lovely about her.'

I decided I was going to be good. But there is a verse that says, the good that I wanted to do I couldn't do. And the evil that I didn't want to do, I did!

I fell into my old habits of sin. We are slaves to sin!!! But if the son sets you free, you shall be free indeed. 

I didn't know it then, but what I know now, is that God was with me. He was always with me. Through every experience, God was with me. 

And God began to lead my steps. 


THE PRINCE and THE KING

I went on my last FIRST date on January 22, 1997. David Brian Edwards was beautiful. He stood out from the rest in stature and character. A natural born leader. And smart. Funny. Loving. Strong. Crazy handsome. I knew immediately, he was my husband.  Sometimes we'd go to church together. But mostly we didn't. He was as lost and ensnared by sin as I was. 

This part of my story displays God's holy character. Because he lovingly and patiently took Brian and me on a parallel path to himself. Brian loved me in my Pre-Jesus Jennie days. 

Brian was being pursued by the Lord too! 

Like Rosco P. Coltrain! God was pursuing us individually, and also as a couple. 

Brian graduated from the Citadel and was working in Boston. I went to see him in June. We'd been dating for a few years. He said, 'Jennie there's something I've got to talk to you about'. And I said, 'Are you breaking up with me?' And if you know Brian, he laughed his deep, manly laugh and said, 'No. I've been reading my bible and we have to be pure. We cannot continue living in this sin.' 

And I said, 'Ok.' 

That was it. 

Brian had been alone in a city where he knew no one. He was pulled away from all distractions by the King of the universe, so that the King could teach Brian about himself. In a few short months, Brian had read the entire bible. That year, Brian committed his life to the Lord. He knew from reading the bible that we were living in sin. He knew he was to flee from sin. He entered into a relationship with Jesus and immediately began leading me. Girls if you are here and you are not married yet. I'm gonna tell you a sure fire way to know if your boyfriend is the one. 

He's going to be doing one of two things.

Is he leading you to the Lord through example? Is he encouraging you in your walk with Jesus or does he simply get in your way? Does he stand between you and Jesus so you can't see the Lord? 

If that is the case. FLEE. Don't listen to me. The bible says it. 


Flee. 

Psalm 40:2-5  'He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him. Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.' 

A month and a half after my visit to Boston, God, my loving, patient pursuer took me to visit a friend in the mountains of Tennessee. We went to a small church. Christians were there. There were people studying the bible together. 

The bible says 'Look, there on the mountains, the feet of one who brings good news!' That was a man named Mark Kirk. He preached from the Word of God. And he talked about the power of God and the holiness of God and graciousness of God and the fact that God redeems sinners. We are criminals who violate God's Law. And I was a criminal. I had a sickness that no man could cure. And I deserved hell. 

When Mark closed the service, he prayed and when I lifted my head I bolted to the front of the church like a sprinter. Not sure my feet touched the ground. My heart cried out 'LORD, I don't care what you do to me. I don't care what you take from me. I surrender. I don't want this old life anymore. I want Jesus. Please just give me peace. Jesus Christ you are all that I need.'

There, as I bowed on my knees, God gave me the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ. Wonder of wonders. 

I came to God this immoral, dirty, messy, sinful girl. I prayed for God to forgive me. To wash me white as snow. To deliver me from death and give. me. life. 

When I stood up. I was new. I felt like a virgin. I knew that I was different. I was set FREE!

I had been REDEEMED. 'Fear not I have redeemed you! I have summoned you BY NAME!'

I am not ashamed of those those former things that I did because I have been washed clean by the King of all Kings. 

One of my favorite songs says, 'I am redeemed!!! You set me free!! So I'll take off these heavy chains. Wipe away every stain. I'm not who I used to be. I am REDEEMED.'

I love the word redeemed or REDEMPTION. 

In biblical times, there were times when people were imprisioned or punished for breaking some form of the law. To retrieve them or redeem them, you had to go to the slave market and find the person. 

There they were. For sale. Shakled. Bruised. Hungry. Hurting. Shamed. Heads hanging low. 

You'd approach those in charge, and say I want that person there. WHAT IS THE FEE? You would pay the fee. Then pull them off the slave block, unshackle them, and they would be free.  

Jesus walked in the slave market that day. And he saw me there. On the block. For sale. A harlot. 

Romans 6:23 says that 'THE PAYMENT OF SIN IS DEATH.' He willingly died upon the cross, shedding His Blood for the payment of my sin.

But Satan comes to that market too. He says to Jesus, 'You don't know the cost!!! It will cost you your LIFE.'

And Jesus says, 'Yes. Yes I do.' 

And then Jesus bought me off the slave block. And when he bought me, he set me FREE. 

He took the chains of sins. And broke them. And set me free to serve, worship and adore him for all the rest of my days. 

He took my sin, took my penalty, he took my punishment. He, who knew no sin, was made sin for me to make me the righteousness of God. How little did I know that when I said that when I shook my fist as a college freshman and said to hell with you God, that's exactly what Jesus Christ did. And God said, 'To heaven with you Jennie.'

'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.' Isa 1:18

For the first time in my life, I was free!!! I felt like the biggest boulder was lifted off of me! And as my friend Steph says, There ain't no high like the most high! :)

Isa 43:18 'Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.'

When I went home, I brushed the cobwebs off of my bible and opened it up. LIFE SPRANG FORTH!

When Brian saw this happen in my life, it's like he swallowed a huge dose of Love Potion #9. Within a few months, we were engaged and a few months later, we were married. 

The bible says about itself THAT 'it is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.'

I said recently to Brian. The more I read my bible, the more and more interesting it becomes. It's the exact opposite of what normally happens when you do something over and over. Instead of getting more familiar, it makes me feel like I can't get enough. It gets better and better, more and more useful!!

There's a place in the Old Testament where Moses goes and spends intimate time with the Lord. When he returns to his people, his face is radiant. Sisters, the same thing happens with you. I tell my girls. The most beautiful people in the world are those who spend time in the WORD. They have the radiance of Jesus. 

When I became a believer, I began to spend my time reading the Word. As I read his words, God began to renew my mind and transform me into his likeness. And, He gave me a HUNGER for his Word. If you don't have that, pray for it. Pray that He will bless you with an insatiable appetite for it. 

When you memorize God's word. It is like you are memorizing God's very thought pattern. 1 Corin 2:16 'But we have the mind of Christ.' And God's Word can see a person through the hardest of trials.  
We all have weaknesses and struggles. The Lord never wants us to be ashamed of our struggles. That is what the Lord wants to use. He wants to take our weakness and use it to reach the world and minister to lives. And of course it takes wisdom and a walk with the Lord to realize that.
So Brian and I got married and had a fairytale life traveling the world and the country... Until, without warning, we got hit by a storm. 


God did not come to give us a happy life, God came to give us eternal life
When I found out I was pregnant with our first baby, Brian kept making me take pregnancy tests. I think I took four. We were overjoyed. As with any new parents-to-be, we looked SO forward to the visits to the doctor. We would get to see a baby on the monitor! Hear a heartbeat! Cry with joy! It was surreal.
The doctor was one of Brian's customers and the entire staff treated us like royalty. We never had to wait. They didn't even make us sit in the waiting room, we were always just ushered back to the room. We had an ultrasound at 16 weeks to find out the gender of the baby. 

That was the appointment that changed the course of Brian and my life forever. It was clear that something was dreadfully wrong on the ultrasound. Our normally happy doctor fell SILENT while doing the ultrasound. I kept saying, "Tell me something". 

Finally, she asked us to meet in her office. There she told us that we would be traveling to Charleston the very next day to have a 3D ultrasound. She didn't ask us if we were available, she told us. 
So we went. Our fears were confirmed, there was something terribly wrong with our baby. At first, it wasn't real. Stuff like this happens, but to other people. Not to me. The night we got back from Charleston, Brian and I laid down on the bed in our room and cried a river. 

All through this time, the Lord carried us. When I say the Lord carried us, I mean, I couldn't deal. A phrase that I heard a lot during this time was 'God will not give you more than you can handle.' That is not biblical. It's not even true. This was WAY more OVER THE MOON more than I could handle. The bible says, 'In this world you WILL have trouble.' It also says, 'You may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.'

Here should be our response. THE STORM MAY COME, BUT I AM HOLDING ON. I AM CLINGING TO THE ROCK. 

In the middle of our amazing grief and heartache, confusion and fear, we found PEACE in the Lord Jesus Christ. He was OUR ROCK. We studied, and cried and prayed over His Word and begged the Lord to heal this baby. Our first baby.

I prayed he would give us a special needs baby. Just let us have her. His word comforted me. It taught me. It gave me strength and wisdom. 

These days were such sweet days with the Lord. He held me close. SO close. He pulled me into his great big arms and he taught me everything. He gave me insight and knowledge into him, his character and I was swept away. 

I was pregnant for months with a dying baby in my tummy. I felt her kick, watched her grow on the dozens of ultrasounds, watched my tummy expand. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. At each appointment the doctors and specialists would offer me options to terminate the pregnancy and 'end this hardship.' Of course we refused. 

On Thursday, Feb 10, 2005, Grace Katherine Edwards was born. Our first daughter. She weighed just over a pound and a half. She had my long legs and Brian's pug nose. She was tragically flawed. We held her in the delivery room and sobbed. Sobbed about what we knew we were missing. Sobbed for our loss of innocence.  Our hearts were broken. 

But God says, 'Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted.' He comforted us in a VERY tangible way. Over the next few years I had perfect baby after perfect baby after perfect baby. And all girls.

Tragedy continues in my life. My Dad was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I would get up at 4:00 in the morning and drive to Columbia so that I was there when he woke up in the hospital. He'd say, Jennie this is too much you driving here in the dark. And I would laugh and say, This is so much easier taking care of you than all those little girls
I bought him a bible. I read it to him. I memorized passages about salvation. I cried my eyes out and begged him to surrender to a Lord that could save him. 'Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.' 
My Dad surrendered his life to the Lord at the age of 67, and died 2 weeks later.
Mom had prayed to receive Christ on Mothers Day a few years earlier. He radically changed her life like he did mine. 
About a year later, I dropped 6 year old Carlisle off to be with my Mom for the week. Two of my girls were home with a friend. Brian and I and the baby flew to San Francisco. Carlisle is my evangelist. She LOVES the Lord Jesus. He is her Savior. 
So Mom and Carlisle spent the afternoon at the Zoo. I talked to my Mom that evening. She said the weather and the day was heavenly. She raved about Carlisle and what a sweetheart she was. 
Carlisle woke up that next morning. In the night, my Mom had suffered a catastrophic stroke and lay in her vomit on her bed. My little Carlisle there alone with her. 
I asked her. What did you do when you woke up and MeMe was laying there. On the bed. Not able to wake up? It was just you and her. I said, 'were you scared?' She said, 'Yes. But Mommy I knew what to do.'  'I prayed.' She said, 'I knew God would help me.'

She's right. He did it for me. And I'm watching as He does it for her. 




Here's my GREAT 8 of what I've learned in the last 14 years of being a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. 
1. No book, no author, no-person can tell you about your God better than meeting him yourself with your bible open on your lap. 
The bible says: 'But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.'
2. Don't say 'I will pray for you'. Stop immediately and pray. Whether you are in a store, the mall or out to dinner. That's when the prayer is needed. And you may forget. 
The bible says: 'Rejoice always, pray continually.'
3. Have a set time to meet with the Lord. You will do it because you know he'll be there waiting for you. God doesn't want a relationship built on sporadic encounters. He desires day in day out consistency. 
The bible says: Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
4. Memorizing scripture is not as hard as you think. Buy a huge pack of the large notecards and sharpies and write it out in cute colors. Then say it a million times out loud, you'll remember it . You can not UTILIZE what you do not MEMORIZE.
The bible says: Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
5. Don't go with the flow. This world is ruled by Satan. You may not fit in, that's good. 
'Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.'
6. People are hurting. Love them.
The bible says: Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.
7. Memorize scripture. Did I say that already? 
8. Smart phones are the best thing ever because of one thing, the youversion bible app. Go to your search feature. Type in bible. It's the little brown one that pops up first. It has audio. So it reads to you and holds you accountable on a reading plan. For girls like me who have little ones, it reads to me in the morning when I've had babies up in the night and even toothpicks won't keep my eyes open. Some mornings I just listen. 
The bible says 'GOD REWARDS THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM.'


I don't know where you are spiritually. How you found my blog. Or if you have ever heard about this Jesus who rescues captives from sin. 

But my prayer is that you will place your faith in CHRIST. Allow Him to do for you what He did for me. RESCUE you from darkness. Rescue you from yourself.

He already knows all your funky stuff. The things that you think no one knows about. HE KNOWS. And He desires to forgive you. He desires to love you. To protect you. To forgive you and to SET YOU FREE from all of it. 

He set the captives free. And redeems even the messiest lives. He is the writer of the best love stories. Trust me.  (See above) :) 


Eph 2:4-5 'But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.'

(jennieandbrian@me.com if you need to talk.)

4 comments:

gillian said...

i love you to pieces sweet friend!

Fiona :) said...

Thanks girl, I needed this reminder :)
<3 love you and miss you terribly!!!!!!
:) Fi

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU.

jk said...

Jesus is Love