Monday, May 05, 2008

California, California, I love California


How did I end up in California? 1. I needed a love injection from Tami before she goes to the Phillipines
(see picture above, she's the one in the purple sunglasses)


2. Two weeks ago I figured out how to get the baby to take a bottle.

34 seconds after the baby downed 8 oz of milk from a bottle, I asked Brian if he was ok with me scooting to California to see Tami J for 4 days. Of course, Brian encouraged me to go. I didn't ask twice. Between he and Mary Ashley I was totally comfortable and confident that everything would go great, and it did! And so I went. Carlisle was telling everyone, "Mommy is in Fornia with Tam Tam". Upon further questioning, she'd explain "They are doing aerobics."


I HAD SO MUCH FUN. Sadly these pictures only show a tiny morsal of the fun that actually transpired.
I arrived on Wednesday.

On Thursday, I layed down for a nap. I woke up the next morning. I slept 15 hours. In a row.
Tami lives in this tiny surfing town called Carpinteria. It is north of LA and south of San Francisco, super close to Santa Barbara.

MY TRIP - IN A WORD
Hike

Smile

Shop

Sushi

Laugh

Thrift

Run

Beach

Seals

Art

Party

Friends

Shakes

Sleep

Books

DANCE



WHO KNEW wineries close at 5:00pm? So, we were only there for a brief visit. But we made the MOST of it. Running through the vineyards, snapping shots, laughing at each other...

Look at the cute cute tiny grapes on the vine.
Self portrait.
Thanks massive bus mirror
Tami, I think this is so fun of us looking dignified and refined as we sipped out wine...but watch out!
Here's us running through the vineyard



It would have been impossible for me to have had more fun. I never laugh harder than when I'm with you. Love you Tam Tam.

No comments: