I just recently hosted a baby shower for two awesome girls. There were 24 of us. We prayed and prayed and prayed for their precious unborn babies. What incredible minutes/hours? How long did we pray? I have no idea, but it was a slice of heaven for all the Mama's that were there. Literally. I will post those prayers soon too. But I am dying for everyone to have a copy of these 7 prayers. I am LOVING THEM. If you have a hard time pulling them off of my blog to print them just let me know and I can email them to you.
1. When they wake up: "Let the morning bring (child's name) word of your unfailing love, for she has put her trust in You. Show (her/him) the way (she/he) should go, for to you (he/she) lifts up her soul." (Adapted from Psalm 143:8)
2. When they are getting dressed: "Therefore, as God's chosen child, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Lord, help (him/her) bear with others and forgive whatever grievances (he/she) has against others. Help (him/her) forgive as the Lord forgave (him/her). And over all these virtues, help (him/her) put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." (Adapted from Colossians 3:12-14)
3. While they are eating: "Teach (child's name) the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Teach (him/her) that (he/she) can do everything through him who gives (him/her) strength." (Adapted from Philippians 4:12-13)
4. When they go out of the house: "(Name of child), do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will." (Adapted from Romans 12:2)
5. While they are taking a bath: Lord, give (name of child) clean hands and a pure heart, and let (him/her) not lift (his/her) soul to an idol or swear by what is false. Let (him/her) receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God (his/her) Savior. Let (him/her) be part of the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob. (Adapted from Psalm 24:4-6)
6. When they are going to bed: "The Lord Your God is with you; he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, be will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)
7. While they are sleeping: "I pray that (name of child) will do everything without complaining or arguing, so that he/she may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which he/she shines like a star in the universe as he/she holds out the word of life-in order that he/she may boast on the day of Christ that he/she did not run or labor for nothing." (Adapted from Philippians 2:14-16)
takes super-great-joy in watching Brian and I run to rescue her from burning buildings, gate-jail busts, and her latest favorite sky-diving off of her high chair.
(I have fallen down these stairs - twice. They are super steep.)
She IS Huddini.
And she is fearless.
Well almost.When Carlisle, Brian and I were at Disney, Evelyn was at her grandparents. So we asked Carlisle to pick out one gift to bring back to Evelyn. Carlisle picked Squirt from Finding Nemo. If you have kids, he is the darling, super excited baby turtle. Crush's son. Anyway. Evelyn is SOOOOO afraid of him. HILARIOUS. She points at him and grunts.
the "scary" baby turtle.
(Doesn't he look scary?)Can you hear her grunting at him?