Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Love tanks

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
(Psalm 127:3).

To all my fun blog buddies. I'm not dead. I'm not even sick anymore....

Blogger was sooo 'not sweet' (which is what we say around our house to emphasize when someone has been mean...I think, surprisingly, Brian came up with that phrase.) and wouldn't let me post pictures. And I have CUTIE CUTIE pictures...so until then...

(For those of you that are interested in the biblestudy. Spots still available!)

Soon Brian is going on his amazing, deep sea fishing adventures in the Keys with his Dad and brother-in-law.

So to fill up his love tank, he took the girls to Chucky Cheese, while I was at the gym for a couple hours.

They had an absolute ball.

On the phone with Carlisle, on my drive home from the gym, she tells me she has "won a PRIZE" at Chucky Cheese. Which I thought was amazing...Don't you have to have 350 of those little tickets to just get... a pencil??

So when I got home, there she is...racing out the door as I am pulling in the driveway. Face FULL of delight.

Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God. Job 22:26

Wearing this incredibly gaudy jewelry set. Earrings, necklace and matching ring. She was THRILLED with herself. Proud of her little prize.

I whispered..."Bri. How did she win THAT?"
"Oh. Um, you can supplement money with the tickets to get something."
4 bucks. Happy Daddy. Really happy girl.

Then there is little Evelyn. Baby sister to a reptile lover. Sitting at the stoplight on the way home from Chucky Cheese. Quietly from the seat behind him, Brian hears a little voice say..."ahh...lii...ga...gor" then again quietly, ..."ahh...lii...ga...gor". Brian looks out the side window and sees an advertisement at the road for a vacation bible school.
And. A big picture of an ALLIGATOR. "ahh...lii...ga...gor"
What!? I love her.

Love tanks? FULL.

As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him. Psalm 103:13

(Brian was recently asked to write a once a week column for the Dillon Herald...so fun! Check it out.)

2 comments:

gillian said...

such a sweet post! I know he's going to miss his sweet girls! how many people do you have signed up for the study? curious if you were planning on having a testimony every week like stephanie did? i thought the testimonies were great and some of them really ministered to me but then the review of the week went SOOO fast, almost too fast.

gillian said...

oh, glad you're not sick anymore! :)