Sunday, May 24, 2009

Recitals...was it more fun for us than her??

You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
Psalm 16:11
Saturday morning:
Once the hair had been pulled up in a bun, stray hairs lasso'ed down, mascara and blush carefully applied with only one black smudge to remove. Hair bow carefully pinned into place. Carlisle got a good look at herself in the mirror. What was her reaction?
Totally pensive. Darling contemplation.
"I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; I have no good besides You.' "
Psalm 16:2
I, on the other hand, overjoyed, giddy. Thinking back, I probably annoyed her with all of my questions about how she felt about her first dance recital. Interesting.
Carlisle was more interested in taking OUR picture...
Her picture of her little sis.
And little sis and me.
Not bad.
Mom squeeked into town and hopped in the car with Carlisle and I.
We literally waited for her in the driveway...
she made it just in time to go with me and Carlisle for a pre-performance donut.








The recital.
Was.
Sweet.
Little dancing angels.
All the parents perched on the edge of their seats waiting.
Video cameras on.
And then, the little tiny girls would tip toe out on stage.
Not sure what exactly to do.
Some were bold.
Some were confident.
Some were scared.
Some were very still.

Carlisle took it all in.
She did the routine....
or SOME of the routine.
And the rest of the time, she took it in.
The lights, the stage, the crowd, the cheering.
'The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.'
Isaiah 32:17







(Mom & Dad, I am sooo glad y'all were here with me!)
*************
The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!" Matthew 8:27

As soon as all the people saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with wonder and ran to greet him. Mark 9:15

Evelyn is the funniest, little, AMAZED Elmo fan.
Leaving for the show!
This was her reaction when the curtains parted and Elmo and the gang came out on stage.
She stayed, hands on her face, like this for 5 minutes.





She DID NOT BLINK.
Not at all.
I kept having to wipe her eyes, because they would fill up with tears.
Brian and I are definitely living to be 120 yrs old.
We must have added at least 20 years on our lives laughing at how cute she is.
Then, to recover, she ate 42 lbs of popcorn during intermission.




No comments: