Friday, September 04, 2009

FLASHBACK FRIDAY and a little extra!

2003
We had friends in Atlanta that were ba-zillionares.
They had a friend that was a pro-fisherman, Brian would remember his name, but I can't.
Anyway, they paid this pro-fisherman to design a lake for them...for their backyard...their 1000-acre backyard....bazillionares.
.
They stocked it with fish, but no one ever fished it. Picture fish trying to jump into our boat. (My kind of fishing.)
You get the idea.
.
You didn't have to be a good fisherman (me), to catch anything.
Oh my gosh, Brian, with-or-without-me, would run up to this lake, North of Atlanta, and fish his heart out.
He just was reminiscing about it the other day. * * * * * * *
Yesterday afternoon, we were sitting in the driveway, the weather was beautiful. The girls were having a popcicle. I have been super weepy, happy, giddy, crying girl with pure joy that I am having another girl. I seriously can't get over it.
I am thrilled.
I feel amazed that God is blessing us in this way. Thank you Lord.
So I ask Carlisle what she thinks of it all.
Me: ' Carlisle! So Honey! How do you feel about having another sister!?
A sweet baby girl! ...
What do you think? '
And then.
She answered.
In a way, only a three-year-old girl could.
I loved the answer so much, I wrote it down.
Word-for-word.Carlisle: ' I think it's GREAT Mommy!
Three beautiful girls!
And One Big Happy Daddy. '
Then back to me, sitting in the driveway, watching them eat their popcicles
happy and crying.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Awwww.. That's SO sweet! I couldn't have said it better myself, Carlisle. Congrats on your baby girl! I can only imagine having another girl with the 2 already beautiful, joyful ones you have. You have a WONDERFUL family who loves like you do. HUGS! (handing you a Kleenex) LOL!