Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Honeymoon Period

I KNOW THIS SOUNDS FAR FETCHED.
.
But, at the risk of sounding like a senile, sleep-deprived, love-sick, hormonal, way tons of estrogen around here, haven't-gotten-out-of-the-house-much, crazy Girl...I just have to say it....
.
Amazingly, (SO FAR) the addition of this angel baby has been a total and complete breeze. I think we are living in the honeymoon period. I know this won't always be the case. I know that newborns sleep a lot.
.
Mom says, in general, I exaggerate. But Mom has also been here for 3 days and everyday I ask her, 'Did I exaggerate? Or is she an angel baby?'
Everyday, she answers the same, 'No, you didn't exaggerate. She is an angel.'
.
I do anxiously anticipate scooting around with 3, getting places on time, delayed sleep deprivation when she does finally wake up a little more...
.
But for NOW, I am LOVING it. The newness of it all. The sweet baby. The feeling of living in the Honeymoon period. The family growing by 7 angelic pounds.
God has given me the desires of my heart.
I prayed for this baby girl.
All 9 months that I was pregnant.
.
I prayed for a great sleeper.
I prayed for a good eater.
I prayed for a laid back little girl.
.
I've got two sweet girls. Neither of which are laid back. They are extraverted, go-getters, ram-rods....but they come by it honestly.
.
Brian always reminds me, 'Jennie, look at me and you....what do you expect from these girls? Of course they are into everything, full of energy, exciteable. Look at you and me.' And, of course, he's right.
Vivian sleeps day and night.
I have to wake her up to eat.
Everytime.
And...
She has consistently slept 6 or 7 hours, a night, since the day she came home from the hospital.
The Honeymoon period.
~
'Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.' Psalm 37:4
The best part about right now, this Honeymoon season, has also been...Brian.
He is loving this baby girl with all of his 200 pounds of rock hard muscles. (just kidding! But he HAS been working out tons and looks muscley and great). Sorry Julie, it's true.
.
He has been everywhere, doing everything for his family. Week 1, he took the older two to: the park, Chuck E Cheese, swimming, bike riding, T-ball in the yard, lunches out, grocery shopping, to the gym, to Sams, playdate with friends and the list goes on.... Oh, and I can't forget! Brian made breakfast-in-bed...for ME!
A girl with a 2 year-old, 4 year-old and a one week-old...did I mention it was when I finally woke up...at 9:00am!
(She gently stretched out her fingers,
then relaxed her hand around his finger again.)
Vivian and I had been home from the hospital for less than one week.
Meanwhile, Daddy and Carlisle had their big date.
Their 2nd
DADDY DAUGHTER DANCE.
~
ONCE UPON A TIME...


(Her least favorite part of the date.
THE CURLERS.
She said they were hot. That she didn't like them.
Then she poked out her big, pouty lips.)





They got home that night at 9:00pm. They had clearly had an amazing evening.
They both laughed out loud as he imitated her dancing.
I asked her about her favorite part of the evening.
Her response: 'dancing with Daddy'.
I asked Brian his favorite part of the evening.
His response: 'We had just left the Civic Center. We were walking to the car. And as we walked along she said: "Daddy....Can we do this everyday?" 'Me: 'Carlisle did you know that you had the very funnest and
best Daddy at the whole Daddy Daughter dance!?'
Carlisle: (nonchalantly) 'Yeah.'
Me: 'Really? You didn't know all the Daddys at the dance. How do you know?'
Carlisle: 'Because, I know MY Daddy.'

~
The weekend visit from the cousins
(Vivian is slightly in the picture, just tricky to see. :)
She's in the bassinet infront of the 4 stinkers.)



3 comments:

Brandi said...

I love every word.

gillian said...

the picture of Carlise in her curlers is just perfect!

gillian said...

the picture of Carlise in her curlers is just perfect!