Sunday, February 27, 2011

My CUP runneth over

This weekend was family time....GOBS of family time...we absolutely and totally spoiled those little girls with love.

Truely....'my cup runneth over.' Psalm 23:5

There was lots of laughter and dramatic girly tears, rolling in the grass, soaking in the sun and then there was me and lots and lots and lots of LAUNDRY. I am officially caught up, I just threw in the load that is the last dirty clothes in the whole house. Scratch that. Brian still has his clothes on still. Since Friday, I have done no less than 15 loads. (I was a few days behind.)
~
Tonight I almost feel like when we first got married. On Sunday evenings, 10 years ago, I would get what I call SUNDAY BLUES. My lovebird and I were Newlyweds and overpaid computer consultants. We traveled to the far ends of this country, on our weekly business trips. He'd set an alarm clock for 4:00am EVERY Monday morning. By 5:00am we'd hop in his sports car, a fire engine red 3000 GT, and zip to the Baltimore airport. We'd check in, get our tickets, go through the screening area and then the dreaded moment. The kiss. The reason for the SUNDAY BLUES. Not the kiss. What happened right after the kiss. We'd separate. He one way, me another. Pulling our suitcases. He'd walk away. Nightmare. Could make me break out in hives if I think too hard. He'd go to his gate, and I'd go to mine. Planes flying in different directions. It broke my heart. Week after week, month after month. For almost a year.
So tonight, after a weekend like we've had makes it hard to just go back to the swing of things...he driving off to his job and me back to reality.
Biblestudy started back up tonight. Tonight was just week ONE and it completely rocks. We were elbowing each other during it because the material is so solid.

The premise of the book is 'What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?' Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
Marriage will expose your sin. It's the way it is. Bri sees me for who I am. No makeup, nutty hair, needing a cup of coffee in the mornings .and that's just the outside. I am desperately in need of a Savior. He hears me when I complain, when I have a foul attitude, when I am difficult and a complete and total brat.
Marriage is a constant exercise of denying ourselves. And it is an ideal place to learn lessons such as forgiveness, patience and understanding. If you are afraid to face your sin, don't get married because this relationship will expose your sin like nothing else.

That is why we are memorizing my new favorite verse...
'Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.' Phillipians 2: 3-5
~
My favorite girl, Tam, and I had an old-fashioned spend-the-night party on Friday night. So incredibly right, true, breezey fun. On Saturday morning, while we lounged on the deck in our jammies, drinking coffee, Evelyn decided that she too needed a tattoo on her foot. So I grabbed my cup fulllll to the brim with SHARPIES and got to work. She was still for the entire 5 minutes. Probably the stillest she's been in 2 weeks. All kidding aside. Then the sunshine inspired a sunshine tattoo. We ended with an alligator allll over her shin. She 'tattooed' me too. And then, she was done. Completely. Utterly pleased.

FYI.
Sharpies don't wash off after one shower. Or a shower one night and a bath the next day.
Just saying.






The little ones are all doing so well in dance class. And I the humble teacher stand in amazement with what they learn.
And sweat a little too.
They have SO much energy.
And stamina.
And charisma.
Good thing I have a mic.
And a helper. My friend Grace.






RETRO. Side pony tails are BACK.



No comments: