Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peace from the Father

So excited that God has opened the doors for another His Proposal conference!

Here is the SCOOP:

October 19- 20, 2012
Friday night starting at 7 pm.
We will all meet under a big tent in a GORGEOUS setting to find out what the Bible says about sex, dating, marriage, motherhood, forgiveness, and how to know if a guy is the "One the Lord has Chosen" for your running mate in ministry.


We will study John 3:16 (The Greatest Love Story Ever Told), How to serve God while single, Isaac and Rebekah, Can you truly be forgiven?, Panel of godly guys answering your questions, 'Who's your Daddy?' (Names of God), awesome live worship, yummy food and MORE.

Space is limited this year so IF YOU WANT TO COME, you will have to reserve your spot. You will need to send $30 to:
Stephanie Blackiston
3309 Cummings Hwy Suite F
Chattanooga, Tn 37419

When I receive your money (to cover the cost for food, notebooks, and location), I will reserve your spot and send you a packet with information and directions. Just make sure and include your return address. The conference will be in Rising Fawn, Georgia. It is about 25 minutes from downtown Chattanooga.
Speakers: Stephanie Blackiston, Mellette Chatham, Jennie Edwards
"My beloved speaks and says to me: "Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and COME AWAY"
Song of Songs 2:10




AND


Conference Call Biblestudy on the book of JOHN, starting 
Sunday, September 9th. 
More details to come. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


My girls hear people everyday exclaim, 'Wow, you've got your hands full.' Carlisle hears it so often that sometimes she says it to me. 'Mom, you've got your hands full.' Usually we hear it at the book store, or the post office...or places where everyone is unusually quiet...except us. But people don't end there. They continue to marvel at the fact that they are all girls. Then, they tell me how awful it's going to be for us when they are all teenagers, or getting married. 

Yuck. I don't like that. 

My hands are FULL! I am thankful for that.  

This is motherhood. It is a CALLING. It's not the cool thing to do. Or a hobby you can pick up or put down. It's constant. And it is no joking matter. It's a laying-down of life. If you are a Mother of one or twelve, you know. 


I just was talking with a new young mother this weekend. She's in the trenches, two little ones, 2 and under. I told her now, for me, it is easier to have 4 children than to have 2. Because when I had two, I was still a little bit selfish. I fought for 'me' time. It was when I learned to truly die to self that I truly learned to LIVE. 


If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Romans 14:8


Another friend, asked for my parenting tips. I texted her back:
Rule #1: Seek HIM first
Rule #2: Die to self

I've heard it said, 'Live the gospel when no one sees.' But, there are some that see. Our children. Sacrifice for your children in ways only they know. Treat them carefully. Stop living for yourself and live for HIM, which spills over to them. Give of yourself with JOY. It isn't easy. But it's right. 
When it's hard, which is always, cling to the CROSS.


 Sometimes it's smooth sailing...like this...
Other times it looks more like this...

Cleaning out the book shelves the other day. Big sis found a 'baby yoga' book. I found her trying it out with compliant baby sis.



Homeschool is back in session. Year #2.


We started August 6th. Another year has begun. One 1st grader. One Kindergartner. I am already enjoying it so much. Even more than last year. The fact that I have two students instead of one. That I seek HIM in the morning, and then everything else falls in behind that. It's tough work. One of my BFFs and I talk about the tilling that is involved in Homeschooling. 


I? The farmer.

Sweat on her brow, dirt under her nails, sunburnt from all day working and working. Head bent, tilling the soil. Back killing her from all of the days of repetitive work. 
'Jesus said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.' Matthew 9:37

They? The tiny little seeds. 

The seeds all look the same. They all start out the same. Small. No sign of life. Yet, with proper water and sun, they will flourish and grow.  


(S)he is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever (s)he does prospers. Psalm 1:3


I water my little seeds. Everyday. I am sure to give the little seeds sunshine. And good soil. (God's word + scripture memory) 


But...it...takes...time....

And for now, I wait for the sprouts. 

Our school days start with this verse on my heart:

'But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.' Matthew 6:33

The best children's bible. With audio. 











~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
It was a wild hair. 
The kind you get every once in a while. This wild hair came one night while I was getting ready for date night. 
I thought... I want a new look for the night. I'll just trim up my bangs. 

Good idea. Fun enough. 
Here's where I went wrong...
I thought, I bet the girls would love bangs too. 
Nope. They wouldn't. 
Abort. 
Don't go in there with scissors. 
But I did. 
Shoot. 
Bad move. 
They look terrible. The girls are constantly brushing the hair out of their eyes. 
No clip keeps them back. 
I went tooo short to tuck behind the ears, and too long to be above the eyebrows. 

Oh well. At least we know it won't be a problem for much longer. Our hair grows like a weed. 
I am the girl who donated 12 inches to locks of love....and so did my 3 year old. :) 


Carlisle, With long bangs...

My sweet friend, who is also our hairstylist said, when I told her about the insane bangs situation: 
'Every Mama does it.... once.'

Shorty-short bangs. 
Today I have peace. Not peace because all is just going great. Or peace because things are easy. Absolutely not. Actually one girl has thrown up and Brian has too, one feverish, and I've had a 24 hour stomach bug. I felt so terrible that just the sound of the baby nursing made me want to get sick. So I plugged up my ears with my fingers and closed my eyes.

My peace does not come from the world. But from the Lord. The Lord's peace is a peace which is constant in the midst of my endless days of school, teaching, correcting, encouraging, dancing, frequent interruptions, very few short breaks, meals and work. 

My peace is from the Father. 

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Nothing affects me without my heavenly Father's permission. Whatever He allows to happen becomes, For ME, His will for me. 
If God allows it to affect me, He wills it for me, out of His great love for me, to draw me to Himself. 

He is the key to peace in this life. God is the only way to feel calm. Trust Him in everything.

1 comment:

Emily Hicks said...


I love when people tell me I have my hands full, because I quickly agree by telling them yes, my hands are full...Full of Blessings.

Love Ya'
Emily