Friday, July 19, 2013

Being a woman of GREAT Faith.

It is crazy. 

And thrilling. 

And surprising. 

And filled with adventure.

It is a wild and exciting life to be a.....Believer in the Lord Jesus. 

It is especially exciting this week. :) 
Why? 

God, being the King of all Kings and Lord of all Lords (Rev 19:16), is more than capable of keeping my life in His control. 

I am HIS. I am his child (Gal 3:26). In my heart I may plan out my life, but the Lord establishes my steps. (Prov 16:9) So He is in control of where I go and what I do.

In fact, He literally directs my steps. (Prov 20:24) And He directs YOURS. 

This week as I presented myself to God as one of his workers who correctly handles the Word of Truth, (2 Tim 2:15) good news followed.

Every day I flee from the girl I once was. I pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, and call on the Lord out of a pure heart. (2 Tim 2:22)

And then I stand back. What the Lord does next never ceases to amaze me! 

This week alone, the Lord has opened up an opportunity for me and the His Proposal team to speak side by side, shoulder to shoulder with Kay Arthur (Eeek!) speaker and author at the His Proposal conference in Chattanooga, Tennessee the weekend of September 13-15. 

You may be one of the 75 million households that her television show reaches. She is a very well known speaker and author. We have some of her books in our home. And I will be speaking side by side with her? It's surreal. Her show is in 30 countries. Did I mention the words 'Oh my goodness' yet? What an honor. The team and I want you to come for the weekend to soak up all the goodness available. 

Invitation below...


“They sought God eagerly, and He was found by them.” (2 Ch 15:15)
Hello dearly loved girls,
I would like to personally invite you to join me and and the His Proposal team to come to this conference September 13-15, 2013. God is asking each of us to enter into the greatest love story ever told. A story about the King of Kings coming to rescue the damsel in distress and make her His Bride. You will be overwhelmed by the love God has for you as you study John 3:16.Then, we will learn together how God wants us to live. What does God’s Word say about marriage? Is waiting to have sex truly worth it? Would a godly guy ever want to marry me? How do I know if my boyfriend is the one? Does God still love me after all I have done?The more you know the King, the easier it will be to recognize a prince because your prince will be like the King. God can use you while you are single. He wants to forgive you and make you whole. He wants to set you free from strongholds and give you life to the full. When God unfolds His Word to you during this weekend, you will enter into a whole new world. A world you probably don’t know exists. A world of love, forgiveness, and purpose.
I have seen miracles in the lives of girls during the last 10 years. Miracles happen when a girl understands how much she is loved.Please join us this September as we dig into God’s Word, worship, eat, laugh, and pray together. This conference is for single girls who want to grow in their relationships with God and also for married women who want to be equipped in investing into the lives of younger women. (Titus 2:3-5)

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” 1 Cor 2:9


I've got news for YOU. I speak from my own personal experience. 

The Lord deals in the supernatural and we as believers get to tap into that if we allow the power of the Holy Spirit to work in our lives. 

'But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.' Philippians 3:13-14

Here's the deal. 

God does NOT show favoritism. His word says it. Romans 2:11

So needless to say, but I am saying it, I am no different than anyone else. I am being obedient to him. And the ride is SO EXCITING. 

He wants to bless you, and the things that you are investing in. 

So, all glory to God, the Monday night conference call biblestudy Good Soil Girls continues to have God's hand of blessing resting squarely on it. He continues to draw girls and women from all over the world (literally) to himself to hear the WORD. We are always happy for more girls to join. If you are interested in connecting with girls to study the Word verse-by-verse, line-by-line, join Good Soil Girls on Facebook. OR go to www.goodsoilgirls.wordpress.com for a list of all the recordings. 




This week, I received a message from a Good Soil Girl. God is at work!

Jennie, I wanted to thank you for sharing your heart and your love for Jesus. I have been so blessed by this study, I have been praying so long for God to bring women into my life who just love The Lord and can be encourages and mentors and I feel like he has done this. 
I just can't tell you how God has laid it on my heart that he desires for my ministry to be to women and young ladies. That started several years ago and so I feel privileged to get to listen and learn from you ladies. 
The last few weeks have been some of my hardest ever, we are walking through my oldest daughters pain and the beginning of God's healing her from sexual abuse. I have raised my fist to heaven and said "Why my baby!!!!" And tried to answer her when she looks at me with tears after I said "God loves you so much you are His princess". And she cries, "Then why did He let this happen to me?" I share this with you because yesterday I felt like I reached my breaking point, but every time in my life I have felt that He sends an encourager to lift me back up and remind me that I can. He used you this week, I am a homeschooling mom also who feels defeated but you reminded me that He will enable me to accomplish the task laid before me. Thank you, I pray that God will allow me to minister and encourage the women he brings into my life the way you have encouraged me. I am praying for you ladies.





 Being a Woman of GREAT FAITH


Matthew 15:
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
24 He answered "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, 'It is not right to take the children's bread and toss
 it to the dogs.”
27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.


Now as I first read this I had difficulty understanding it. It seemed to me that Jesus was treating this woman in a cold way, almost insulting her. But of course, Jesus wouldn't do that. 

So lets look at a few things. Number one, Jesus from the beginning, knew that He was gonna heal her daughter. 

The Bible says people didn't need to testify to him about anything because He knows all men. He knew what was in the heart of this woman. He knew she had GREAT FAITH. He is in the business of drawing it out. He wanted to hear her express her great faith that was in there. When she first calls out to him, she says, LORD Son of David have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.' 

Take a look at this. He doesn't even answer her. At all. She's listening for anything. 'Hmm hmm hmm hmm' Nope. NO response. Pin drop. Clearly she noticed only silence from Jesus, and yet, she persisted. And then she got on the disciples nerves. Which is kind of funny.  They were so bothered by her, they said, "Lord why don't you just take care of her. She is a menace." 
The text doesn't say. BUT, it seems that maybe she was at a distance, not right beside them, but kind of off crying toward Jesus and his disciples. 
To develop her faith he intentionally didn't answer. His intentional silence encouraged her in her faith. Because it encouraged her to keep asking. We are watching him develop her faith right before our very eyes.
Jesus heard her. And he heard the disciples too. And he said, "Look, I am only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." 
And so she came. She knelt before him. At his feet, she worshiped him, saying, "Lord help me." Watch and listen as Jesus draws out her GREAT FAITH, He said, "It isn't right to take the children's bread." Lemme break that down in the JIV Jennie International Version. What he's saying is. You are a canaanite. A gentile. You're not a Jew. The CHILDREN are the people of Israel, Israelites. You are NOT an Israelite. 'It is not right to take the childrens bread and toss it to the dogs.' 
Hold up. So Jesus only saves the Israelites? No! We know what is true Luke 19:10 says 'For the son of man came to seek and save the Lost!' Not just Israelite lost. ALL lost. 
He was testing her faith. Woman. Do you believe? Woman! Do you believe? 
Here's the thing. There are no cuss words in Hebrew. At all. If a Jew wants to cuss he has to cuss in another language. In English. But the dirtiest thing they can call a person is a dog. They had these wild dogs that ran in packs, that everybody hated. They were just vicious. And so they would refer to usually, rather then say, he is a Gentile, they would say, "he is a Gentile dog." 
But then there was another Greek word for dog, which was a little puppy. These little puppies were usually around the table as the children were eating. And when the children ate they didn't have utensils like we have, the knives, and forks, and spoon, and so the child didn't have to learn table etiquette. I think my own little Carlisle would have made a great little Gentile back then. Side note. These kids would just pick up and eat with their hands. And after you were through with your meal, you would then take a piece of the bread, and you would wipe your hands off with the piece of bread. Just clean all the grease and juices off with a piece of bread. And then they usually take that piece of bread and toss it to the little puppies that were around the table.
And so it was a very common picture for the people when Jesus said, "It isn't right to take the children's bread, and to cast it to puppies." 
Here's our girl. OUR WOMAN of Great faith. She said, "yes, Lord, but the little puppies eat the bread that falls from the master's table." Jesus said, oh, aha, all right. "Great is your faith." It was faith that conquered over the silence of Jesus. It was faith that conquered over what seemed to be reluctance of Jesus. It was faith that won. This mother was desperate. And she was also FULL OF UNSWERVING, UNFALTERING faith!!!




They didn't notice that I was taking pictures of them. I was sitting in the floor watching it all unfold. Four precious sisters. Four different ages. Being little girls. Big ones, loving on the little ones. Sunshine streaming through the window. Who knew the playroom gets such great, bright afternoon sunshine? 












Grab your pen and WRITE THIS DOWN in your bible! 
God's Word tells us how to become women of GREAT Faith!
#1. Cry out to God. 

A woman of great faith doesn't just sit quietly. She CRIES OUT TO GOD! This woman cried out so long that the disciples wanted to shush her up. It's like the crying baby at the movie. Everyone thinks, 'Come-on. I paid 15 bucks for a ticket, someone better take that baby outta here.' So whoop it up to God. If you get shushed by someone for crying out to God, GOOD! She did too. 
#2. Bow before the Lord. 

A woman of GREAT FAITH bows before the Lord as she cries out to Him. The word in the greek is proskyneyo. From which we get the word PROSTRATE. Which means WORSHIP. Holla! 
What does it mean to worship God? That means you do nothing, except
-be in love with
-pay attention to

God ONLY. God alone. 
Fall before the Lord and give him your worship. Give him all of you. 
John 4:23 'Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.'

WORSHIP him while you cry out! Worship while PROSTRATE. 
3. Be in agreement with God and the Word of God against all odds!!! 
The woman of GREAT FAITH persisted in asking and trusting. Even when everything seems against you. She was a Gentile. She was female. Most Jewish rabbis paid little attention to women. Even men of God, the disciples, were irritated and didn't want to listen to her. Christs WORDS may have led her to believe that he was against her. She said, 'Yes it is.' She agreed with Jesus. 
4. Produce fruit!
The fruit of this woman's faith is her daughter! Wow!! Salvation. What a fruit for this woman!!! 
'I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.' 3 John 1:4

Fruit could be being effective in ministry when Power of the Holy Spirit comes upon us. But God is the only one that can produce fruit in our lives. 

There's one more. A Fifth way to become a woman of Great Faith. 
5. Read your bible and PRAY.

If anything ever is exciting and wonderful and great but takes away from your spiritual life, God didn't send it. God will never send anything into your life that will lessen your commitment or your ability to Him ever. He'll never give you something that takes away from your spirit life and rinder you ineffective and useless. NO WAY. He wants you to be useful, faithful and fruitful.

Want to be a woman of GREAT FAITH? Effective for ministry? THROW yourself into the things of God. Like my little 3 year old on the Disney cruise. She did front rolls into the water. She did it for hours. So was so proud of herself. She would roll on the side and end up falling into the water. FULLY submerged. Laughing and smiling the whole time. She threw herself in. Unabashedly. We too, should throw ourselves into the things of God.

Theres no way God can ever use you if your not usable. Be usable. What does that mean? Don't spend your time doing worthless things. Every day you are given 24 hours. What are you doing with your time? Are you gossiping by the pool as the little ones play? Are you consumed with checking FB. Do you read books that are not Godly? Do you talk endlessly to a sister or Mother about all of your countless worries? Do you amble through the mall or shops, not buying, just looking and longing after things you can't afford to buy. I know Stephanie and I have talked about silly old People magazine. I cannot buy it. It sucks me in and spits me out an hour later feeling lousy, defeated. Worthless. Smells like Satan to me.

Stop it now. If we are honest with ourselves, we all have HOURS of unaccounted for time. No, Jennie, you don't understand. I work, I have 2 kids I have to pick them up from daycare, make dinner etc. There are 24 hours in a day. Pray that the Lord would reveal to you times that you are not spending your time with Him that you could. Maybe that means listening to the word on your headphones on your lunch break. Or listening while your kids are in the pool. Pray to Jehovah Elohim creator God for creative ways to get more of him. HE will delight in answering that prayer.

Listen. I want to challenge you to take the worldly things out of your life. They are like weeds that CHOKE out the flowers. Women of great faith!!! Pull the weeds!!! But be prepared. Weeds have roots. And they will spring back up as soon as you turn around. So rid yourself of these things, these things of the world, or things of the flesh that end up being worthless and that are choking out your spirit life. Pray and seek the Lord to help you keep them out now and forever. Mark says, 'Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word, but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the works, making it unfruitful.'

Nah eh! WOMEN OF GREAT FAITH produce FRUIT!!


My girls got up super early one morning this summer to treat our Thursday morning garbage crew with a snack. It was decided upon by them that the snack should be water and brownies. The girls were so excited. Not sure if it was the anticipation. Or the fact that the men were strangers. Or that their job really is so important. But the girls spent well over an hour watching out the window for these guys. 












I took pictures from my front porch. Wish I had the zoom lens on that day. The sweaty guys were nodding and thanking these little girls. Everyone walked away with a smile on their face. 
THAT was time well spent. 



No comments: