Thursday, September 06, 2007

Evelyn's ETA

I am 38 1/2 weeks...and just maybe a little : ) hormonal.
I waited at the Doctors office this morning from before 10:45am until just about 1:00pm. Sadly, this is a typical and weekly occurance at the Doctors office. My really-sweet, also-pregnant friend Victoria watched Carlisle during the 2+ hour wait.
So, the Doctor comes in, checks to see if I am further along in the dilation process...No.
He says ok, see you in a week.
I couldn't help it...the flood gates opened. I actually told him that didn't work for me. I am ready right now.
Thankfully and luckily for me, he was sympathetic. He agreed instead to schedule next Tuesday as Evelyn's induction/arrival day!
First he wants to do an ultrasound on Monday to see that her fetal weight is high enough. Externally, she is measuring small.
If all looks ok in the ultrasound on Monday, Tuesday is Evelyn's day!
Yippee!!! Celebrate!!!

6 comments:

Tallon said...

how exciting! can't wait to meet her=)

Abby said...

Oh Jennie, I feel for you! Take it easy the next few days.. How exciting to know that very soon Carlisle will get to meet her little sister:) We are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.
Abby, Kevin, and Ireland

Courtney said...

you're so great...and wonderfully honest and real...

we're anticipating Evelyn's arrival and all that goes along with having a new babe--the good and the not-so-good. Let me help anyway that I can!

According to Kiki! said...

The time is here!!! Praying, praying & praying!!! I love you Jennie Edwards!!!! Kiki
xoxoxoxox

Stacey said...

Jennie - you are not alone in dealing with the hormones! I could just hear you saying that in the doctor's office!! I cannot wait to see this beautiful little girl. Love you, Lia

amyop said...

I will pray that the ultrasound is a go and Evelyn can join the rest of us on Tues!