Friday, February 29, 2008

POTTY TRAINING: DAY 1 - (The Morning) ...WE ARE 2 AND 2

Here WAS my philosophy on potty training. Those Mommy's that can do it are awesome and I hope I never have to do it... I secretly hoped Carlisle was a potty prodigy and would figure it out on her own.
Her little simple pee-pee whenever, whereever world has been rocked.
So, with the fact that I have turned into a HERMIT this week with babes being home and sequestered from the universe because they have been sick....and with the fact that I am a DOER...and I have been SO NOT PRODUCTIVE, not even leaving the house. I decided to scratch something off the proverbial list....Potty Training.

Let me start by saying that although ribbons are not given out in life...I propose that they start giving out ribbons to Mama's who have potty trained their child.

We are officially 2 and 2 for this morning.
2 in the potty and 2 on the floor.
(1 of those was a pooh-pooh and happened to be one of the ones in the potty!!!) Relieved about that.

I am going to be hoarse by the end of the day after saying the words Pee-Pee, Pooh-Pooh and Potty.

I am NO POTTY PRO.
Does anyone have any advice for me?

Loadin up on yummy Capri Sun, apple juice, green tea. All rules are out the window today!

See pictures below, they were captured during the Family Pee Pee PARTY!
Ever the sweet girl. And ALWAYS a good sport. Carlisle tried some of her "big girl panties" on Evelyn.

4 comments:

Megan's Munchkins said...

Jennie...My oldest is a boy, and I can't remember how we did it, except for asking him ALL THE TIME if he had to go. Finley is Carlisle's age so we are about to face the music, AGAIN. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us! Megan Kane (btw...don't forget about me when you go private....sean.meg8@comcast.net)

The Ginfridas said...

One of my friends put Skittles in a candy dish on the bathroom sink, so when her son went, he got one. She said it went fast for her.

Collin, Aron, Makgill, and Clara Beth said...

Way to go, Carlisle! We are going through the same stuff right now. I definitely agree with keeping the "prize" in plain view while on the potty. It seems to be a major motivator for Miss CB. Also, Clara Beth does well with other pottying kids around, so maybe y'all can come over one day this week for a "potty party". Hope everyone's feeling better. We've missed y'all!

amyop said...

glad to see you are feeling better! Love the panty pics!