January is HERE! And, I have some ideas that may kickstart your NEW YEAR! (this list is not for the faint) Too hard? Pick one or two and focus on those for a new you!
1. Get REST. Being tired will deprive your body the energy it needs to hit the gym and burn calories.
2. Get STRICT. with yourself Regarding sugar, refined starches, excess fats and munching. Cut out most sweets, bread and cereal.
3. Get MOVING. That morning or afternoon cardio is going to play a major part in shedding those extra pounds that may have crept on in the last year(s).
4. Get VEGGIES. Get a plate full of green leafy veggies and fill up on them with your protein. Try pairing a salad of spinach with protein-rich foods like eggs or fish.
5. Get Rid. Cast away foods high in preservatives. Avoid anything that can sit in your kitchen cabinet for more than 8 days.
6. Get Real. Don't expect to lose a ton of weight in a short amount of time. It's about what is physically possible.
If you are really serious about staying in shape and getting fit, commit yourself to a regular workout schedule and re-evaluate your eating habits for optimal results.
ALSO, see my schedule below!