Sunday, January 04, 2009

Jennie's Quick Fitness Fix

(Scroll down to see my January - March schedule)

January is HERE! And, I have some ideas that may kickstart your NEW YEAR! (this list is not for the faint) Too hard? Pick one or two and focus on those for a new you!

1. Get REST. Being tired will deprive your body the energy it needs to hit the gym and burn calories.

2. Get STRICT. with yourself Regarding sugar, refined starches, excess fats and munching. Cut out most sweets, bread and cereal.

3. Get MOVING. That morning or afternoon cardio is going to play a major part in shedding those extra pounds that may have crept on in the last year(s).

4. Get VEGGIES. Get a plate full of green leafy veggies and fill up on them with your protein. Try pairing a salad of spinach with protein-rich foods like eggs or fish.

5. Get Rid. Cast away foods high in preservatives. Avoid anything that can sit in your kitchen cabinet for more than 8 days.

6. Get Real. Don't expect to lose a ton of weight in a short amount of time. It's about what is physically possible.


If you are really serious about staying in shape and getting fit, commit yourself to a regular workout schedule and re-evaluate your eating habits for optimal results.


ALSO, see my schedule below!

4 comments:

ktalk said...

I LOVE IT my sweet, sweaty friend! I think I will only have time for the 5K on the 10th because I teach yoga @ 9:00. Did I send you my paper? It rocks! I am going all the way, baby! I am taking it to District One. I want to be an advocate for the kids in Flo-town. By the way, your Christmas blogs(1-4) were INSPIRING! I love you little mama.

Megan N. Walkup said...

Thank you for the tips! I am going to try to and inforce some of them in my daily life. More sleep I can deff do! I do like spinach too!

thebellyadmin said...

Couldn't agree with you more Jennie! I am training for the Knoxville Half Marathon in March and your tips are great. I've been off sugar pretty hard now for just over a year - it's amazing how much better you feel when you ditch it - and replace it will veggies... I also stick to eating a snack bag full of Almonds, Walnuts, and or Pecans just about everyday tossed with some craisans...

Team Zybko said...

i love staying in shape.love delaney.