Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My three days in Atlanta, GA were inspiring, breathtaking, pivotal, riveting. I stayed with my sweet friends Matt and Stephanie. (I love y'all! And your babes!)
Saturday morning at 9am the Atlanta Photography Workshop began.
I was FOR SURE the least experienced of all. But the way I look at it, I got the most bang for the buck! I had the MOST to learn!
These women were an incredible group. As we spent the next ten hours together, I was baffled to hear incredible stories of what these women have survived. There was a cancer survivor, a deaf woman who knows how to read lips and also has a black belt, a woman has adopted four children from China and has two of biological children, another one has three kids, one has down syndrome and their youngest is adopted from Korea, me with the baby in heaven, and the instructor who was date raped and has written and published a book about it to help others.
This group photo is full of inspirational women!

Our workshop was in the home of another couple/photography team.One of the things that this workshop instructor/photographer does so well is come up with creative ideas for pictures. She's amazing.

So for this one, she wanted everyone serious and for me to really stand out breaking it down.

SO fun!And then an inpromptu late Sunday night Zumba class. You gotta love that! :)

I did!

2 comments:

gillian said...

looks like y'all had a lot of fun!

Megan N. Walkup said...

YAY Jennie! I am so glad you put some ZUMBA into the mix. Looks like you had a blast. I cant wait to see more of your work. Maybe Neil and I can be part of your picture projects.