Friday, March 06, 2009

HUGE GOD

I was missing it. Totally missing it. Can you believe it? I have been a Christian for a long time. Almost 10 years.
God has been waiting on me. He has WAY more for me. Can you believe that? I already feel so full. So blessed. (I'm telling you, Mono is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Click here for the story.)
He has more FOR me. And desires more FROM me. Now that He has gotten my attention, I want to shout it from the rooftops! And so I am! If you talk to me anytime soon, I will tell you how awesome God is. Now, I can't WAIT to get back to the gym....they give me a microphone to strap on!! :)
If you know me...you already know that I love Jesus, that I am a Christian, that I dig my husband and family in a massive way.
Evelyn love-love-loves to brush her teeth. I know I always have pictures of her with a toothbrush hanging out of her mouth. Weird. Sorry. :) Worse things could be hanging out of her mouth, right?

But everything is now NEW. I have been set ablaze by Jesus and His wholehearted love for me.
Because I have been a Christian for a long time, things had begun to feel common. My view of God was very familiar. BUT, God is WAY HUGE. He is WAY bigger than just a familiar dude.
I just wasn't getting it. This experience of being still with God has enabled me to begin a new journey. This effects my everyday life. I have embarked on a new life of complete and total AWE of God. For the first time in my life, I understand that God loves me no matter what I do. Meaning.
I can't read my bible and make Him proud. He already loves me.
I can't pray for sick friends and make Him love me more. He already loves me.
HE ALREADY LOVES ME THE MOST THAT HE POSSIBLY CAN.
'And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.'Ephesians 3:17-18
Tonight we took Carlisle and Evelyn to see Mickey Mouse Live on Stage. We had been talking about it for a week or so telling Carlisle, "Mickey is coming to Florence to see you!" She was so excited, of course, Evelyn is ALWAYS excited and ready for the fun.
We got there a few minutes early. EVERYONE in Florence that Brian and I have ever known was there. I didn't even take my camera, just wanted to enjoy the girls, enjoying the show. We knew they would. The curtains opened. The show began.
Brian chuckled and I giggled as the girls mouths fell open. We were sitting just a couple rows from the stage, on the floor, so the lights from the stage fell on the girls. The sparkle in their eyes was magical. They sat perfectly STILL. Glued to our laps. Not wanting to move or change position so that the show wouldn't end. I know they didn't blink. It was the most fun they have had in so long. The music, dancing, lights, cheerfulness.
They were in complete and total AWE.
That is EXACTLY how I feel. Except I am in AWE of something way better. Someone graceful, merciful, humble, loving, good and righteous. I am in AWE of God.
And, I don't want to blink.

1 comment:

gillian said...

Jennie,

What a beautiful discription of what you are experiencing right now! I'm so thrilled for you and what He is doing in and through you!