Monday, March 16, 2009

Things don't always go like we want them to.
Of course....
Right?

I sent out an email last week to ALL of my gym buddies. My 330+ aerobics peeps that I work out with every week. I told them I'd be back teaching this week. I was feeling better last week. More like the old Jennie.

WELL....

Since I was feeling better, I decided to go to Charlotte with the girls. Brian was going to be out of town for the weekend. Sounded like fun! And it was. UNTIL...

While I was there...on top of the mono...I got a stomach bug. I was laying flat on my back... again..

Unable to stand or even sit up. Now I was stuck at my sisters house, in the wrong state. Couldn't pack to go home, or drive or even care for my children. My entire family had to band together to get me home. Sis drove my car, followed by her husband and baby, in his car. My Dad picked up my Mom and they met us halfway. Mom drove my car the rest of the way home. While Dad followed. Meanwhile, I was laying there...oh and to make the trip a little more exciting, Carlisle threw up in the backseat. (But I caught it! In a towel!)

So, I am embarrased. I told everyone that I was going to be there at the gym this week teaching. Now, I am not. I am good to my word. And, now. I'm not. To my gym friends. I'm so sorry.

After seeing me sick for the past three months, noticing that I've lost weight, colds, cough, mono, stomach bugs, with one thing after another, my Mom, Dad and Brian are all ADAMENT about me RESTING. They ALL put their foot down. NO teaching aerobics for at least another week. They want me to take care of myself and rest. This, of course, is contrary to everything I feel about me, health, life, etc. I am sorry for the entire situation. I have been preached to from my mother, father and husband. I am choosing to respect their wishes. Back to the bed for gobs of sleep. And, no gym for another week.

I miss encouraging. I miss the gym. I miss motivating. I miss people. I miss enthusiasm. I miss feeling good. I miss everyone. I know that I work with the best team in the ENTIRE WORLD. And that other instructors will step up and be there to cover for me.

BUT, I just feel terrible for the inconvenience. This is HARD FOR ME.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just take care of yourself and get well! :) Love ya! Erin Johnson

Anonymous said...

You just take care of yourself and get well! :) Love ya! Erin Johnson

Ann Dowdy said...

I do not know what it is like to have mono, but I DO know what it is like to be sick and really down with a stomach bug. My family had to band together and help me for 3 days. I must say this: something good comes out of something bad. Your something "good" is appreciating and respecting not only your family's wishes, but to respect and honor what your body tells you, as well as appreciating your good health when things are good. God willing, we will have many more days with you at the gym. But now it is time for healing. Take care of you so we can see you soon! Love Ya! Will keep you and your family in our prayers!!
Ann

Anonymous said...

I know this season in your life really seems like agony at times! I can relate to you on so many levels. With that being said, You are always the motivator, the "feel good girl", and the most enthusiastic! You have been called into a season of rest. I'll be your motivator...You can do it love; Rest like a "rockstar"! We both are going to rest. Get that bible study read boo; I'm so ready and excited about that idea.
You know when things are hard for us, they are so easy for God and we have to be willing to LAY it down...
This to shall pass
I love you

gillian said...

Oh Jennie I'm so sorry you got the nasty stomach bug!!! I've been thinking about and praying for you and the bible study He put on your heart. What an AWESOME family you have girl...driving you and your sweet girls back home!!! and I'm sure that everyone at the gym LOVES you and UNDERSTANDS that you need to rest so you can get well!

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Alicia said...

Beautiful, georgeous, inspiring, amazing girls are allowed to be sick once in a while too :0) Sorry you got knocked back again love!! It's just not time yet!!

Alicia