Thursday, November 11, 2010

More from Brian in Cambodia

Jammies and poptarts
That was our morning.
Then I got this email...

From Brian via email
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This all happened in a village that is riddled with withcraft. They have actual witch doctors.

We start entering the village.

Our translator says, "We must stop and pray. This is a dangerous village. Many spirits and witch doctors." We pray, as a group, and I keep repeating Ephesians 6:10-17. PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD. Scripture memory is so purposeful.

It was pretty tense at first, but loosened up. We had a few hostile looking guys that were in the area scoping us out. But they never were a threat.

We think.

Dell (retired FBI) and I were in charge of security. :)

We saw a lot of bullet and machete wounds. Kind of crazy. But, we basically went in all day long without one incident.....and then rolled right out.

We were undoubtedly protected.

I have seen so many people get saved that I have lost count. I have witnessed old men get saved, then their whole family. And the most wonderful thing is.....it is not by our power. We aren't even asking these folks if they want to make a decision for Christ. We just present the gospel. Then they start asking questions. They see God's spirit working and they are baffled.

The children here are absolutely amazing. When we first got there, they asked our translator if we were going to take them.

And sell them.

The child sex slave industry is awful here. Maybe worst in the world. SE Asia is notorious for it.

I was crushed.

Our translator tells them why were are here and they fall in love with us.

I met a child that I want to bring to you so bad. She walked from house to house with me holding my hand. Then I would lift her up and spin her around and throw her in the air, all with about 75 lbs of meds on my back. We started running from one hut to the other and she would laugh and laugh. I was sweating from every pore on my body.

We eventually get back to the house where we started. This sweet little girl, who knows so little English, taps me on the shoulder and says, 'Hello. I lub you.'

2 comments:

Taylor and Turner Slade said...

Tell brian to bring her home to your precious family!!

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

I have yet to read your post...but I was struck by how Carlisle and Evelyn could be twins in that pj's picture...wonder if Vivian will follow her sisters....so sweet..now off to read!