Sunday, December 19, 2010

I need a Chalkboard...

(The gorgeous 'a & c life' pictures at the top were snapped by my friend Aron Smith whose family was at the party. Thanks Girlfriend, I just LOVE them!)
I need a chalkboard.

A big one.
And on it, I will write:
'I will make Gingerbread Houses for our children and their friends for the next 95 years.'
'I will make Gingerbread Houses for our children and their friends for the next 95 years.'
'I will make Gingerbread Houses for our children and their friends for the next 95 years.'
'I will make Gingerbread Houses for our children and their friends for the next 95 years.'
'I will make Gingerbread Houses for our children and their friends for the next 95 years.'
'I will make Gingerbread Houses for our children and their friends for the next 95 years.'
'I will make Gingerbread Houses for our children and their friends for the next 95 years.'
'I will make Gingerbread Houses for our children and their friends for the next 95 years.'
For sure.
Some of the children that come to the party have been coming since they were just about to turn...2. Consequently, at the ripe old age of ....ALMOST 5, they have quite a history of decorating these homemade Gingerbread Houses.
These little guests don't forget. They've asked me in March... when the next party is. They can't believe that Santa knows the way here. They just love it. Therefore. We love it.
And they make faces like THIS. (see Carlisle below) When Santa walks in. Pure wonder.
The next generation... future Gingerbread House decorator.





Somewhere right in the middle of making one zillion Gingerbread Houses, brewing up gobs and gobs and gobs of icing, figuring out where all the tiny guests are going to sit, what to have for dinner for the Mama's and Daddy's and watching my three little ones...I think I don't know if it's all going to come together. But it did.
The party was a SUCCESS. Because I lived through it. :)
Our little ones are making memories. And so are we. Memories of singing with their friends around the Christmas Tree. Laughing. Eating pounds of candy without their parents stopping them. And Santa coming to hand deliver their gifts.
My favorite and new Christmas decorations this year....Ornaments hanging from the ceiling! If you are wondering, fishing line is our secret. Too thin to see, but strong enough to hold em! :)










New Haircuts.



2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's so awesome you do that. Those are memories the children will NEVER forget!

rita and andy said...

looks like fun! what a great gift to your children!! :0) merry christmas!