Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Ax


Two men were chopping wood.

One of the men was a tough guy. He worked hard all day, took no breaks, and only stopped briefly for lunch. He worked diligently.

The other man worked hard and diligently, but took a break every couple of hours.

At the end of the day, the man who had taken no breaks was tired and quite disturbed. Because, when he looked over, he was baffled to see that the other chopper, who had taken breaks, had cut more wood than he had.

He said, 'I don’t understand. Every time I turned around, you were taking a break! Yet, you cut more wood than I did.'

The wise man responded...'Well you see, I cut more wood because, when I took a break, I sharpened my ax.'



So, if you want to catch up with me this summer, you'll find me with my guy and my girls...you'll know it's me because....I'll be the one sharpening my ax.


1 comment: