Monday, April 23, 2012

1 week and 6 days of Bliss

'Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.' 1 Chronicles 16:11


The question all people, young and old, ask is this. 'What do the girls think of the new addition to the family?'...

The girls adore their new sister. They LOVE her. I love watching them blossom, full of love for her. They find JOY just looking at her. 

Thus far, absolutely, no jealousy. They cannot get enough of her. And my concern was that they would have a hard time sharing her. I had Mama nightmares about one sister pulling one arm, one sister pulling the other arm, and Angel pulling her little feet. :) But they are patient. And take turns holding her. I am so grateful. And Ang has stopped sucking her thumb and getting nervous every time she's around. She now loves her. Serious adoration. She hugs her. She calls her Eleanor Bliss.

'Mommy. Eleanor Bliss is crying.'
'Mommy. Eleanor Bliss is in the swing!'
(kiss kiss) 'I love you Eleanor Bliss.'

Always, she smothers her with gentle kisses and hugs that are a little to tight for Eleanor Bliss.

Our new season is A LOT of work. With no relatives within 80 miles, it is 'on'. Four little ones 6 and under feel like many moving parts. It's constant. I am forever counting to 4, to be sure all are ok and accounted for... maybe it's because I'm sleepy. But especially when they all go different directions. 1 napping here, 2 on bikes, 1 in the backyard....

I am working my booty off. The silly stuff that takes time and is necessary...dishes, laundry, keeping up with a toddler, making sure she doesn't kill herself etc. And then there is the Kindergartner that I am teaching. It's 30 hours of work for every 24, FOR SURE.

Anytime I want encouragement, I look over... and there is Brian, working his booty off. We DON'T stop, from sun-up to sun-down. The moment he comes in from work, he jumps in. Gone are the lazier days. They will return, I am sure. We are in the weeds. All work right now. It will even out. I know it will. But not for a little while. I am hoping by summer we will have evened out. 
Babies seem to either spit up or they don't. She's a spit-er-up-er. Carlisle was a spit-er-up-er. But she was four babies ago, so I forgot just how much laundry goes along with it. There are colossal amounts of laundry to be done. Spit-er-up-ers don't just juice themselves, they get the people holding them and other things. All of which get thrown into my washing machine. 

I'm serious, I bet our water bill just went up in the last week and 6 days. 

NOTHING encourages me like the truth from God's Word.

'He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he GENTLY LEADS those that have young.' Isaiah 40:11
I have to figure out how to make time for the EXTRAS. I am speaking to the women at our church on May 5th. I am not sure when to write down my thoughts. I'll get it. It may be in the middle of the night. Or early in the morning. 
Early morning sister time. Sleep-filled snuggles and big love before breakfast. 
Looking very protective. 
But not as protective as the big guy...
Ellie Bliss has her own body guard.
No one is protective like Big Papa Bear. 
We took all four of the girls to their homeschool Fine Arts night. (I need to upload the video and put it on here.) 
Baby was 9 days old. Brian draped a blanket over her carseat. He was her body guard. A few were brave enough to ask if they could peak in under the blanket to see her. 
He looked so foreboding, even I (true story) asked if I could look under the blanket. 
I wanted permission. From the big buff dude. He looked pretty serious about his role.
And he is. 
He wants to keep her well. No sicknesses.
 
New for me.
Something fresh for the warm days. 
It's lighter and got a few extra layers. :) 

Can hardly explain my excitement to pack these two tubbies full of maternity clothes and stick them far out of reach. Happy enough that I took a picture of it. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh Jennie, she is just so so beautiful. Our baby is due in September and I really appreciate the "in the weeds" honesty and hearing about your reliance on God's renewing word.

God bless all of you!

Erin Southwell (a good soil girl)