Sunday, April 29, 2012

In His great fullness, I have all I need

Me and my two babies... 
We are living life around here. Our new life. A fuller, bigger life it seems. 


I am trying, unsuccessfully, at getting it all in, in a day. 


I remember being asked when pregnant about what I thought about the addition of a fourth child. I remember saying I thought adding a fourth child would be no big deal... I think I had a moment of amnesia about a small bit of the details...the feedings every 3 hours, the diapers, I didn't calculate spit-up, waking in the night...it all is coming back to me now. The newborn stage is an incredibly special time. It's a time of change for all of us. And change can be stressful. I don't know how to be a Mom to four girls. But God does. 


I am fully dependent on Him. I cannot do it. He can. I kneel before the Father...I love this. Read on...


Ephesians 3:14-19 
14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 


In HIS great fullness, I have all I need. HE strengthens me.


Eleanor Bliss is calm, very peaceful and gentle. I call her my sweetheart.


Even when I want to panic, a bit, about how in the world I am going to do it all... school with the girls, feed this baby every few hours, make lunch for the big ones, get to the store, remember dance is on Tuesdays, get Viv down for a nap occasionally, remember piano is on Wednesday and do all the rest...I try to remember to stay calm. GOD is in charge. These days are fleeting. The newborn stage is time consuming, but so special and sweet. She is already 2 1/2 weeks old. Time marches on.


Carlisle has made friends with a flock of ducks. Do they flock? Is it a gaggle of ducks? A herd? :) Not sure. But there are soo many ducks in our yard. And they think Carlisle is their Mommy.


I never watch TV. Maybe an hour per month. Or less. Literally. But the other night, Ace Ventura Pet Detective was on. Crazy I know. I watched for a few minutes. So dumb, but so funny. There's one part where Jim Carey whistles and all the animals come running and land all over him. That was the part I saw.


That's Carlisle. When she walks out of the door in the morning, the ducks are all waiting. They fly in, over the fence and land all around her, sure that she has food to share with them. 


With the weather supremely gorgeous, the girls are outside most all of the day. They have named many of the ducks and Carlisle especially, loves caring for them, following them. Or them following her.


She and Evelyn were catching minnows the other day, straight out of the lake, with their hands. And amazingly, they were successful. They kept one. The one Evelyn caught. She named it. She has the girliest name for it, I've forgotten what it was. I need to ask her. It lives in a tupperware container on our back deck.


I read a question tonight that never gets old. Am I seeking to make Jesus my first priority? Are you?....


Time is continuing to move along. While it feels strangely also like time is standing STILL. But sadly...and thankfully...it doesn't. 


Lots and lots in my life doesn't make since at the moment. 


It doesn't make since that I am more rested with a newborn than ever before. God answered my prayers. I doesn't make since that this sweet baby is more than 2 weeks old. 


It doesn't make since that I am finding time to blog. But I do. Sometimes I blog to get things off my chest. Other times, because I don't want to forget what these days are like. Tonight I blog because God is urging me to. I received an email from a Mama. I am SO encouraged by her and her words. I haven't even had a chance to email her back. I read her email as I was feeding the baby, tears rolling down my cheeks, splashing on the baby's face. 

Vivian also is calling her 'my sweetheart'. 


Evelyn calls her 'baby'. She CANNOT get enough of her. I found lipgloss on the baby after this little purple lip-glossed girl had finished with her. 


Evelyn never stops singing. She's found a great audience. Eleanor Bliss never minds.


What I smelled like 3 weeks ago.... my favorite fragrance...BLISS.
my new fragrance...Bliss spit-up. :) 

She's so well loved. She's still so very very sleepy. 


She has slept for most of her short life.


She has woken up to eat....maybe twice. The rest of her life, she has slept, and I have woken her up.


I am having the opportunity to blog now as I wait for her next feeding. It's the midnight feeding. I set an alarm last night to get up for it. And ended up pushing snooze for at least 30 minutes. I think this is easier, just staying awake. Less torturous. 


The doctor says to wake her up every 3 hours. During the night...we are trying to get two extra feedings in that she was sleeping through. 


A wise old woman once said 'never wake a sleeping baby'. I think she'd forgive me in these circumstances.


She's still far from her birth weight. Gone are the days of chubbiness and rolls of fat, like at birth. She lost weight, as newborns do. She's tiny. Wearing premie clothes, just like all of her older sisters did. But still less than a pound from her birth weight. Not the end of the world, but disconcerting. So, I wake her all day. Every feeding. And now twice a night. Brian offered to do one. 


The spitting up is the wild card. She drinks three ounces and spits up. Not sure how much she spits up...if it is an ounce...more or less...but enough to cause her to not be gaining enough weight. So sleepy baby is roused, from her newborn slumber, all day and all night. 


Their REAL American Girl doll
I was getting Viv out of the bath and dressed. The big girls found one of their doll strollers...and...

(Of course, she slept through it all.)






Mom was able to come for two days. It was incredible. I cherished every moment. I'd keep her forever, if she'd stay. 



My blog time is up. 


I need to wake up a sleeping little one. She doesn't mind. I think she forgets that she's hungry while she's sleeping. So when I wake her up, she's always happy to see me. And she's warm and snuggly, and smells good too. 


All the time and energy that I spend in the newborn stage, makes the sweet things sweeter. I am blessed...


From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

2 comments:

The Gotbeters said...

Just love reading your stuff. Helps me refocus on whats important. I am also a la leche league leader, if you need some help with nursing maybe getting her some more thicker fat hind milk lmk, it would be my joy to help you. tgotbeter@gmail.com

Rebecca said...

Jennie-
Both of my boys were really bad spitters, and didn't gain weight well in the beginning. I breast fed them both for a year plus and in the early days, I ended up having to pump for Henry a few minutes before I nursed him so he would get enough of the hind milk. I also ended up having to cut out dairy with him as he spit up much worse with dairy in my diet.

We will be praying for your little one that she may gain weight!!
-Rebecca