Thursday, April 05, 2012

Spring Break





















Waiting at 40 + weeks.


The girls loved this photo shoot. It took seconds to get the perfect shot. They were absolute NATURALS. They really are waiting. And they really are ready to meet this little one that we keep promising will be here 'soon'.


We all hopped up after Brian took a few shots. It was done. Girls running, dinner making, table setting, etc....except for one little girl.


Behind the scenes of the photoshoot...She stayed in the backyard and helped clean up.
And then the ducks were invited to come help with the job. 
Every, and I mean EVERY day, the girls say with joy and excitement.... 


'Mommy! Tomorrow is the day! I think the baby is coming tomorrow!' 


So far. No baby.


We keep enjoying life, making plans, swim dates, park dates, friends over and we are always able to keep our plans. Because she never comes. 


I've actually gotten to the point where I am asking Brian. Is she really ever going to come out? And then we laugh as he says 'Maybeee...'
I'm letting the cat out of the bag. I don't know what I am doing when it comes to Homeschooling. And I just can't claim to. Not yet. Or maybe I will never know exactly what I am doing. 


I am learning as I go. I was an Elementary Education major in college....for a semester. But then I dropped it. I changed. I didn't like it. I wasn't even all together fond of kids, I don't think. How God changes hearts. I would never have believed where I'd be a few years later. Amazing.


I dropped Elementary Ed and ended up getting a double major in two other, wildly far from education, degrees. Business Administration and Corporate Communication. 


So homeschooling this week has been tricky. They are monitoring the baby's heart rate twice a week. And I am seeing my regular doctor on a third day. It is taking so much away from our time doing school. 


So I learned this week. Breaks are good. Right. A welcome. Ridiculously necessary even.


I had no big beautiful plan for having our 'Spring Break' from school. It hadn't even occurred to me to do it while I am 40 + weeks pregnant. I am just not yet all structured like that. I just wing it. I told the girls today. 


'Girls. We are on Spring Break. It's a time to enjoy the sunshine and the weather and the season.'
We are easter egg hunting a lot these days.


And the baby girl wait continues...















No comments: