Monday, April 02, 2012

April babies bring May giggles...or something like that.

Jesus Christ is all you need. Don't be distracted by lesser things. 
~
Was thinking she'd be here in March. She's not here in March. Looking for an April baby now. I'm full term 40 weeks this week. And I am steadily passing all of the dates that are possible due dates. Knowing that only a tiny percent of babies come on the due date, of course. For some reason though, I thought she'd be here. 
Maybe it's that I was in the gym, at least 4 days a week, up until the middle of the 37th week. I did think then, unintentionally, when I stop teaching aerobics, 'Ok, now it's time.' Whether or not that is what the baby and God had decided. And it's been 3 weeks since then.


We are just excited to meet this baby. And I DO get asked every 6 minutes if the baby will be born today by one of my girls. 


Thankfully it's God and the baby that decide. She knows just what to do. I know what to do. And God, he's watching out for me in the most wonderfully and sweet ways. 


I keep my thoughts on what is noble, pure, right.... 


I am enjoying meditating on Colossians 1:10-12.
'That you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great ENDURANCE and PATIENCE, and JOYFULLY giving thanks to the Father.' I. cannot. get. enough. of. that.


I really am still unbelievably comfortable. Praise God. To be at the end. Nothing bothers me much. Except my back. Upper back. So I sit, which is what someone who is 40 weeks pregnant wants to do, and it hurts. So then I stand. 


I pray millions of things. One of them is that the baby will be born without spot or blemish. For the last few weeks, the girls have been praying the same. That she would be perfect, without spot or blemish. It was only tonight that Carlisle asked, Mom what is a blemish?


'But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.' 1 Peter 1:19 
The count-down-to-baby links have all been cut off. One link per day. Mom and I made the chain at Christmas. There must have been close to one hundred links. They have whittled them down, taking turns. Everyday one girl cutting off one link, until now. They are all gone. 
And the girls are understanding more and more that this date was a prediction from the doctor. That thankfully, God is the author of life and that HE will chose her birth day. 'Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.' James 1:4


I pray that she is laid back, like Vivian. That she is a good eater and sleeper, like Carlisle. And that she is a lover, like Evelyn.


Our days are full. A new kind of 'full'. FULL now means sunshiny afternoons, bubble blowing, manicures and pedicures, lazy dinners on the back deck and HOURS and HOURS of bike riding. I read a book cover to cover one night. I'm serious.
I'm loving taking pictures of my little ones. They like it too. 
Love never fades. 
Viv ~ The first time big sis. 
She's looking longer and slimmer than a week or a month ago. 
But she's still such a baby. 
She's so sweet. 
The darling of the big girls. 
And the absolute APPLE of her Daddy's eye. 
Ev ~ The double big sister. 
The one who tells me she can't wait to chew on the baby.
The one who probably have the hardest time sharing the baby with the family. Whose love SPILLS on all around her.

 Carlisle-y ~ A big sister THREE times over. 
Our leader of the sisterhood. She is amazing me this week. 
With her maturity. Diligence. Honesty. Love. Compassion. 
She's simply growing up to be a girl I am so proud of.

No comments: