Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I love my life.

I love the craziness and the very fast pace.

I also love the moments we breathe deep as a family . . . while feeding the ducks, riding in the boat, or having family dinner.

I love the laziness of chill time at home. I love playdates with good friends. I love catching up with family. I love dancing with Brian in the kitchen and my girls.

And, I love the privilege of teaching aerobics and meeting so many incredibly cool people.


Part of the territory with this kind of craziness in life is to feel spread thin at times. Or feel like I could do things better. Should I slow down? Sometimes yes, other times no. I have Brian and the Lord to keep me in check when it comes to that question.


The bigger issue I face is to not buy into the lie that I am supposed to be perfect – if I just work hard enough at it. Anyone relate?

Here’s the nugget of truth…when you are involved in a lot, perfection doesn’t get invited over for dinner as often. No room at the table.

Do you feel like your normalcy is other people’s insanity? It’s so important to check in with God and know that however chaotic, crazy, insane, calm, quiet, or even routine…you are right where God wants you to be.

Does that make any sense? Talk to me . . .

5 comments:

gillian said...

I love what you said about when you are involved in a lot, perfection doesn't get invited over for dinner as often! A great way to see the good in being 'over commited'! I struggle with perfection for sure and I can see areas where it has rubbed off on my 4yr old!!! I also struggle with being involved in too much, spreading myself too thin...so I need to find a good balance between the two...striving for a little perfection isn't really bad is it? ;)

My internet isn't hooked up yet at the new house so I haven't been able to get on FB and access is blocked here at work...I'm 30 weeks and we're having a girl...I think that's what you asked?

The Ginfridas said...

It makes total sense. I'm also accepting the fact that God wouldn't put us in any situation that he didn't think we could handle.
And as I read in a column this week, if God had a fridge, your picture would be on it.

Jord, Ali, Halle and Belle said...

You should write for a living...something, anything, childrens books. You have the best descriptive language. I always find myself nodding my head thinking YES! YES! YES! FUN! FUN! FUN! you write my thoughts in the perfect words!! :)

taiterg said...

i am where you are right now.
so i completely understand.

Megan N. Walkup said...

My life doesn't appear to be quite as busy as yours. Mine of course is minus the children and husband. However, it feels like I am just going round and round in circles more often than walking in a straight line. Even now as a young professional my life is more hectic as it has ever been. Now I am at a time in my life where in the closER future a husband I will have, and the children will come whenever God decides to bless us with them. Anyways, I guess what I am saying is. No matter what phase of life we are in, there is no to achieve complete perfection and to seek that may just be quite crazy. Ever think that the reason our lives feel so crazy is because we are trying to make them perfect instead of allowing Jesus to take us where He wants?

I love structure,a packed schedule and always having something to do. At the same time I love a good time just sitting at home with family enjoying the blessings we have been given. Wanting to be perfect is not a bad thing, but wanting to stay imperfect isn't good either. I guess this is just where preayer comes in, and we allow God to take over. ;)