Sunday, January 11, 2009

Where's the plane?

I told my friend that I was going to Georgetown. When I told her we were going because Brian's dad was having an airport terminal named after him.
She said, "It's like your married to the Kennedys".
It is.
But better. Brian and I thought there would be a small ceremony and a plaque.
WAY BIGGER DEAL.

The children all ADORE their Pa Pa.







We were sitting on the front row trying SO hard to keep 3, squirming, small children seated.
(didn't work).
See below.







Cutting the ribbon, the highlight of Carlisle's month.








Inside the terminal were these gorgeous BLUE walls.
They matched Evelyn's eyes.
















Congratulations Pa Pa.
We are so proud of all that you have done for SC.
And even more your role as Pa Pa to these sweet little ones.

4 comments:

Justin and Marketa said...

Oh my goodness! That is a huge honor. Congrats! to Brian's dad. I LOVE Evelyn's baby tummy and her little teeth.

amyop said...

Wow! How exciting! I bet your little ones had a great time! How memorable! You were right about Evie's eyes the wall matched perfect!

Stephanie and Eric Horecky said...

Great pics! So great, I had to borrow a few =) Glad we got to see ya!!! Love you!

Chris, Anna and Ava said...

How exciting! What a blessing for your children to have such a wonderful support system and legacy! Ironically, the guy that is interviewing Brian's Dad for the news was a friend of mine from College. I called him yesterday...his name is Kyle Grainger...to tell him that I knew some of the Edwards family. So, you all are my new claim to fame. Congratulations to Mr. Edwards! What an Honor!