Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Hoaxer




I am teaching class tonight! I am subbing for my friend Kara.
TONIGHT! (Wednesday) Strikezone 6:30-7:30pm

---
Since my youngest, Evelyn, was born, she has cried herself to sleep at night. At least 50% of the time. She just DOES. It sounds wierd, but it's what she does. Usually it's for 1 or 2 minutes. There seems to be no way around it. Sometimes she cries so hard that she has me fooled that something is really wrong, so I go in to her room and pick her up. Hoax. BIG HOAX. There's nothing wrong. She immediately stops crying and snuggles me. So sweet. WELL, then once I hold her for a few minutes, the whole process starts all over again when I put her back down in the crib. Big, flowing crocodile tears. So the other night she was crying SO hard, past the typical 2 minutes... Brian said "Jennie, she's hoaxing you" as he saw me creeping up the stairs. I just couldn't listen to it anymore. It sounded like the I'm HURT cry. You know the one? There was one time I found her crying, and her leg had gotten caught between the slats of the crib! Freaked me out. So the crying wolf thing gets confusing. Well. I tiptoed through Carlisle's bedroom and shared bathroom to sneak into Evelyn's room. Lights off, total pitch black. (Do you know about blackout fabric? THE BEST. I have it on the window treatments in both girls rooms. Keeps it nice and dark for long sleepy time!) All I hear is her sweet cry. It was so dark. I knew she wouldn't see me. So I walked right up to her crib. I just wanted to be super-sure that her leg wasn't caught between the slat. So there she was crying her eyes out for me to come up and 'rescue' her. And I was already there. I was RIGHT THERE. I quietly rubbed my hand along the side of her crib making sure no arms or legs were stuck between the slats. They weren't.
But all I could think about as I was there in that pitch black room, is: this is a picture of how God loves us.
He is ALWAYS RIGHT THERE.
Especially when we are in need, hurting, sad, frustrated...or just need to be loved.
He is SO close.
He is right here with us.

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

4 comments:

BlondieLox said...

what a sweet post.

Stephanie and Eric Horecky said...

Awwwwww...that was sweet!

gillian said...

love this Jennie! a beautiful picture of how passionatly He loves us!

james family blog said...

Jennie,

I don't know if you remember me, Rheba, Julie's friend who makes shoes.
I like checking up on your sis's blog (she's lousy at it!) because I NEVER get to see her. When checking, I always sneak a peek at her much better at blogging, sister's blog. I have had a TOUGH time lately, so when I read this post.... ok, I can BARELY contain myself. I am leaking more than I like. The reminder that the Lord is standing, hearing my cries, stroking my hair, kissing my face... whispering to me in my sleep, fills up my brokenness. Thanks for hearing Him and passing it on!
love,
rheba james