Monday, October 26, 2009

Love the Lord your God with all your heart



What I am learning (and memorizing)…


‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you like down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.’

Deuteronomy 6:4-9

I knew it already. But children learn and repeat ANYTHING. I don’t watch late night shows, but at some point in my life, I did. I saw a few. Like David Letterman or Jay Leno. Anyway, I vividly remember those cute little children. Guests of the show. They were maybe 2 or maybe 5...I can't remember. Their little feet wouldn’t hang over the end of the chairs, they would just stick straight out.


And, then Jay would ask them all 44 presidents or some obscure facts or history. The child would spout if out. And I was SO impressed.


Until now. I have realized in the last years…you can teach a baby absolutely ANYTHING. And, it’s easy. We, as parents, are the ones who decide what we are going to fill their heads with. My-just-turned-two year old can recite John 3:16. I’ll get a video of it and post it.


How the pregnancy is going…

Truly and simply, it’s a breeze. And, if you are reading this and you are pregnant and want to kill me….read on. Not everything is a breeze in my life, just pregnancy. I have a 2 year old and 3 year old that exhaust every bit of my long patience everyday. EVERYDAY.

I am holding on to these last precious weeks of sleeping on my tummy (my favorite). I usually have to start sleeping on my side around 6 ½ - 7 months. I am almost 6 months…

Everyone is asking! My hair…

Yes, I love it and Brian absolutely adores it. It’s new, fun, flippy, cute. But, it isn’t easier. I never did a lot with my long hair. Maybe straightened it once in a while. So, this is just as easy. The new short hair is great. I asked Carlisle is she liked her hair long or short. She didn’t hesitate. ‘Long’. And I agree. I like my hair long best too. Everyone in my family is blessed with hair that grows like a weed. So who knows what my hair will look like when the baby comes in three months.



































3 comments:

Kathleen said...

i ADORE your family:) ya'll are so special to me!

Stephanie and Eric Horecky said...

I went nuts and cut my hair! Didn't mean for it to be as short as it is, but it is GONE!!!!!!!!!

Alicia said...

Thank you for making my day with these sweet, sweet pictures!!!