Thursday, November 12, 2009

Confessing His Name

It would be impossible for me to put into words all of the time and love, effort and enthusiasm that I have put into this Yard Sale that we are doing on Saturday...

It couldn’t have been more than 2 weeks ago, I said to our brand-new Monday night biblestudy. ‘I really think that we should do a Yard Sale with all proceeds going to the Crisis Pregnancy Center’. Everyone said, “Right on”.

And seriously, the rest has been a supernatural amount of generosity and an insane blur of clothes, shoes, rugs, baby clothes, toys, bags, boxes and me smack in the middle… watching, as God has moved people to donate in a HUGE way. Stuff that is SO great…The people that come to this yard sale Saturday are seriously in for a TREAT. It’s such good stuff.
Can you tell how MUCH stuff this is?!?!!?

I think it all started with….There’s a blog I love to read. She always goes to Goodwill or Salvation Army and finds insanely good stuff. Which I think is great, and also seems so impossible for me. So I rolled up to the new Goodwill 2 weeks ago and found the most incredibly and strangely DARLINGLY, CUTE things. None of which looked like it had ever even been worn. Weird. So, I think it was that night that I talked to the biblestudy.

We, as a group, have also memorized
Hebrews 13:15-16.

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

This is how the back of my car has looked for the past 2 weeks. I unload and fill it up again over and over everyday.


Did I mention, I’m also decided to potty train Evelyn in the middle of all this??

Her note for Mothers Morning Out…My secret potty-training secret? Juice boxes. They drink em with no prompting. Then you have ample opportunities to put them on the potty with success...over and over. If you live in Florence, come to the Sale.

Palmetto Street Church of God
Saturday, November 14th
6:00-11:00am

Even if you don't buy anything. Come donate a dollar, or five...shoot...or 50.


1 comment:

gillian said...

so great what you're doing! praying you raise more than you hope for!
thanks for sharing the juice box potty training tip! i'll have to remember that!