Monday, February 15, 2010

The Love Jar

'I've fallen in love many times...always with you.'

This verse spoke to my heart last night...
'...being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might
so that you may have great endurance and patience.'
Colossians 1:11
And that is just what God has blessed me with. Patience. Endurance. And when waiting on a baby, it can be hard to have patience. But God has TOTALLY gone before me and filled me with an un-Jennie-like amount. The kind where I seriously am happy to meet baby Vivian. But am also glad to do it in God's time. Thankfully.
I tallied last night. Of the 4 pregnancies. How many weeks of my life in the last four years have I spent pregnant? 140 weeks.
EVERYWHERE I go, people say: 'You haven't had that baby yet?'
Our friends just moved to town and they joined us for church yesterday.
SO many people asked me that same question, that our friends looked at me and said, 'Have they placed bets on when you are giving birth or something? Everyone is saying the same thing.'
I know.
So I wait. And wait. On my sweet girl.
Meanwhile, being at home is crazy-loving-fun for me! Who knew? Getting so many things done and more closets organized! :) And finishing up Carlisle and Evelyn's baby books. I know, should have had those done years ago. But who has time for that?
Our Valentines started a couple of weeks ago. Carlisle cut the paper. I just wrote down her thoughts about her Daddy. I prompted her, just a little, with a few questions. What makes a 4 year old tick? Love came spewing forth... like a little water fountain, for her Daddy. She's funny. She's cute. She's creative. She just unabashedly loves. Him.
~
ME: 'If you were a big girl, would you marry Daddy?'
Carlisle: 'Yes....(cutting paper, thinking).....well, I AM married to Daddy.'

ME: 'What do you like to do with Daddy?'
Carlisle: 'I like to eat salad and oranges with Daddy.....OK, not really oranges.'
ME: 'What do you like to do with Daddy?'
Carlisle: 'I like when Daddy tickles me.'

Of course, Evelyn and I threw in some of the things we love about Brian into THE LOVE JAR too.~And, Brian and I had a couples massage yesterday!
On Valentines Day!
....in our home!
Yes.
It was EVERYBIT as ridiculously-wonderful as it sounds.
Love never ends.

2 comments:

Megan Walkup Mathers said...

Love the "Love Jar" idea. You are so thoughtful and creative!

Our4GreatKids said...

The Love Jar... what an awesome idea!! May have to copy that one! Also, LOVE your snow pics... great snowman/snowwoman... your pics are great and you guys are all so stinkin' cute. J&J talked about playing w/C at school today... they sometimes argue over who played with her the most.