Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Full of Gratitude

The doors are flung open as the sun goes down over the beach. The sky is pink and blue. Perfect. This beach house is full of happy little girls, full of cheep, frozen pizza, hot and ready, straight out of the oven. Suntanned and worn out from four full days of nothing but the beach. 

The weather has been sunshiny and upper 70s, low 80s. We haven't shut the doors since we arrived.  




















I love my life.


I love the craziness and the fast pace. 

I love little girls. 


I love my little girls. 






This week I have found slowness and sweetness at the beach. We have ALL found it. These moments are really sweet. The girls are 1, 3, 5 and 7 years-old right now. And never will they be 1, 3, 5 and 7 again. 

One of my favorite things is slowing down and the moments we breathe deep....as a family.
Digging in the sand for hours. Making sand castle, after sand castle, only to see them washed away or knocked over. No worries, we'll make millions more.  

I've watched little girls who 'want to learn to surf'....learn to surf. They totally achieved it. 


I asked Carlisle what has been her favorite thing so far this week, she said, 'ummm, probably the first time I stood up on my board.'



I've watched a little three year-old who is as tough as tissue paper, afraid of everything, become unafraid and frolic in the surf.

I so appreciate the laziness of the beach. 

Reading my bible to the sound of waves crashing.


Hearing their giggles. 

Dancing with my girls listening to our new favorite girl band. 




















Brian and the older two girls caught blue crabs and we cooked them in the frogmore stew for dinner. 

It's such a pleasure watching them interact and love on one another.


I love all of their hearts, their faces, hearing their dreams...they have lots of dreams. 

Especially recently.


This week, I've heard lots about their dreams. 


I remember...They remind me of me. I had lots of of little girl dreams too. 


I wanted to be a dentist. Interestingly enough. I can handle any amount of blood, guts and puking. But wiggle a loose tooth in front of me, and I am ready to pass out. 



God loves the lost. God's desire for the lost is that they are reached. 
So if you are reading this and you think, have I ever seen God's fruit in my life? Ask yourself the most important question you've ever asked. Have I committed my heart to the Lord? 
Are you one who never wants to read the bible, never wants to pray. Never had natural desire for the word. I challenge you to examine your heart. Confess and repent. Ask for Jesus to be Lord of your life. Here's the gospel. Jesus died for the sins of the world. We are all sinners. We have sin running through our veins. Someone has to pay for it. You can't even spill your own blood and be saved. Make sure that you know that you have eternal life. 

'He who has the son has life, he who doesn't have the son of God does not have life.' 1 John 5:11-13

Know before you lay your head down to go to sleep today. And if you are a believer and not bearing fruit. Ask and examine yourself against the Word. Am I watering the soil, speeding time in word and prayer?
Want abundant havest? Pour the water of Gods word into your life.








What a cutie. 
 What a view behind the cutie. :) 














 'Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD! Blessed is the man that trusts in HIM!' Psalm 34:8







(It's hard to separate these two. Even during beach naptime.)



No job, no meetings, no responsibilities except each other and these four little ones. 


I asked Brian, as we sat on the back porch looking out on the sand and waves 'whatcha think about leaving it all and moving here forever'...and he said, 'I'd never go to work.' And the girls said, 'THAT'S OK DADDY! We could surf all day everyday!' 

We laugh and look in their bright, sweet faces and feel the breeze and dream about it a little. And then snap back to reality. 


It's fun, its wild. Don't hear me say its perfect. Its not. 


And it is NOT easy. People ask me how I 'do it'. Many days, it's one foot in front of the other. And I don't get a whole lot of sleep. Which is why I can be a little spacey when you talk to me. And depending on the day a little...or a lot spacey. :) 





I am desperately grateful to the LORD for my family. 
'always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.' Ephesians 5:20

I am compelled to write about it because I feel so humbled with gratitude.







So I don't forget...

Viv: 'Daddy. I smell somebody's breath. It smells like an old beach.' 

Um. There is a 100% chance I did not brush her teeth before she ran out the door this morning for the wind and waves. Wonder whose breath she was smelling... :)  


THIS just happened this morning. A text from Carlisle to her girlfriend.



'Hi! This is Carlisle. I just 

made my dream happen. 
I'm a surfer.'



 The beach's newest surfer girls.

No comments: